Help with choosing

grumpyass

Hi, I used to have an openbox with all sky channels but obviously that is dead in the water now. I decided to not even bother getting anything else as I spent more time flicking than watching. It has now got to the point where freeview and normal TV is just mind numbing.

I have an existing Virgin media connection running in to the house. What are my best options? I do not need a fancy box that can record etc as I would not use that feature. All I need is a box that is reliable, does not freeze or take forever to load. Is it possible to get a service just like VM on these boxes? As in I can flick the channel and it comes on at that moment, or do they all need to load?

Any help would be great. Thank you.

I have two letters and a number for you:
H2H

as in zgemma h2h, get one, perfect for cable, cheap (£70) and easy to set up

scroll down main page, site sponsor sells them on here, guaranteed genuine, watch for fakes elsewhere!!

I have two letters and a number for you:
H2H

as in zgemma h2h, get one, perfect for cable, cheap (£70) and easy to set up

scroll down main page, site sponsor sells them on here, guaranteed genuine, watch for fakes elsewhere!!

Nice one mate. Do they load channels quick etc. I have seen them boxes on Ebay, I guess it is best to avoid them at all costs with fakes going around. What do subs cost these days too and are they reliable?

I have never come across a clone zgemma box - they are cheap budget boxes and not really worth cloning these. I have bought quite a few off eBay and they have been fine but I would also recommend the site sponsor then if you have any issues, it's easy to return.

Before purchasing, check out my cable receiver faq below then if / when you get the box, I also have a handy H2.H setup guide below too :)

I have never come across a clone zgemma box - they are cheap budget boxes and not really worth cloning these. I have bought quite a few off eBay and they have been fine but I would also recommend the site sponsor then if you have any issues, it's easy to return.

Before purchasing, check out my cable receiver faq below then if / when you get the box, I also have a handy H2.H setup guide below too :)

Will check it out, I am deffo getting one. Just doing a bit of research before jumping in and ordering one.

Would you say this is not worth the chance?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-ZGEM...618493?hash=item2cba26133d:g:PAsAAOSwr~lYncx0

Will check it out, I am deffo getting one. Just doing a bit of research before jumping in and ordering one.

Would you say this is not worth the chance?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-ZGEM...618493?hash=item2cba26133d:g:PAsAAOSwr~lYncx0

Definitely not. You can get a box yourself for just under £70 if you were to buy off eBay then purchase a line / sub / gift whatever you wanna call it off here. If you get a box with a line off eBay and the line is rubbish or goes off after a short period, you're screwed whereas if you just buy the box and set it up yourself and get a line off here - you can try a few different providers for reliability before taking a longer line out.

Also, if you currently use your V*rgin for internet / tv, you'll need to purchase a high quality splitter / cables which aren't expensive.

Don't forget your F to RF adapter too - all explained in the cable receiver faq though ;)

Oh and as for channels loading - this is pretty much instant as it's not streaming via internet.

Also, if you currently use your V*rgin for internet / tv, you'll need to purchase a high quality splitter / cables which aren't expensive.

Don't forget your F to RF adapter too - all explained in the cable receiver faq though ;)

Thanks a lot for the help. Ordered a splitter kit. It includes an F to RF adapter so all I need now is the box and a sub. Any recommendations for a sub?

Thanks a lot for the help. Ordered a splitter kit. It includes an F to RF adapter so all I need now is the box and a sub. Any recommendations for a sub?

Ok, hopefully you didn't buy one of the cheapo splitter kits - like the Electrosmart ones that my cable receiver faq warns against purchasing. You should ideally use a Technetix splitter as these are what V*rgin use and also high quality cables like WF100 :)

Ok, hopefully you didn't buy one of the cheapo splitter kits - like the Electrosmart ones that my cable receiver faq warns against purchasing. You should ideally use a Technetix splitter as these are what V*rgin use and also high quality cables like WF100 :)

Its not an expensive one, will do though to test it out etc. I have a family member that works for a certain company and if need be can get all that for free when I next see him. Just want a set up for the time being that is better than normal TV.

Its not an expensive one, will do though to test it out etc. I have a family member that works for a certain company and if need be can get all that for free when I next see him. Just want a set up for the time being that is better than normal TV.

Cheap splitters will give you problems - channels may not clear and others may pixellate... always better to have the right stuff to begin with :)

True, text sent now to family member to grab me one.

Try and get a Technetix one as they're what VM use - failing that, the Labgear ones from Screwfix are ok too. There's the Konig ones also from Maplin but i've heard mixed reports about these.

Remember quality cables too - anything that looks like the below is usually no good.

coaxial_cable_02.jpg

Try and get a Technetix one as they're what VM use - failing that, the Labgear ones from Screwfix are ok too. There's the Konig ones also from Maplin but i've heard mixed reports about these.

Remember quality cables too - anything that looks like the below is usually no good.

coaxial_cable_02.jpg

I will be getting what the providers use. He is coming Tuesday to sort me out. Might as well take the pointless dish down now too seen as openbox is dead.

Thank you for the help mate, appreciate it.

Back