Help with first purchase

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Decided to go head first and delve into the world of cable based TV. So, I have a couple questions. I currently have a VM package including phone, TV and VIVID 200 internet. I'm looking into buying a STB to use with a C/N line. I've took a interest in the "Vu+ Solo SE V2" on WOS. My first question is,
- Is this STB any good for C/N line with VM? Will I need a certain image?

My next question is,
- Can I somehow split the cable into my home and use my VM sub on my TIVO box, whilst also splitting the cable to the STB with a line?

I really really would like to get into this, so hopefully you guys can help me out. Here's to many more posts here, and thanks for any info anyone replies with!

you can get a 3 way splitter and connect the two boxes up, 1 for you TiVo and 1 for what ever cable box you buy and you modem, Or get rid of vermin tv and keep the bb and get a twin tuner or 3 tuners?
Good luck pal

Wait, where would I put the splitter? One coaxial plugs into the modem, then another runs to my Tivo box, so where would it go?

EDIT: sorry just realised you said 3 way splitter, my bad. Will virgin be able to detect me using a STB somehow?

it would go from the vermin cable off the wall into the input of splitter then out 3 ways it tells you on the splitter mate
no vermin wont know

Last edited:
it would go from the vermin cable off the wall into the input of splitter then out 3 ways it tells you on the splitter mate
no vermin wont know

What would you suggest is the best firmware to have preflashed on the box by WOS? Options are
- Factory Default
- OpenVIX
- Blackhole
- VTi
- OpenPLi
- OpenATV

See, I'm planning on just using the device to get the channels, I'm hoping to stream the channels from the box to the multiple Kodi setups I have around the house. Mind telling me which would be the best for this? (Software will have to run some sort of cccam too). And last question, if I get a 4 way splitter, can I plug the cable into the device twice and get double tuner support so I can view multiple channels at once? (It's a twin tuner already) Thanks for the help so far mate! Almost about to order!

Right, about to order. So I need a 3/4 way splitter, the STB itself, will I need some sort of connector for the VM cable to convert it to the plug on the back of the Vu+ Solo Se 2?

if you got a twin tuner and as long as you got the rite amount of lines coming from your splitter yes you can have multiple channels but you got to get the right splitter.
I don't know how to setup kodi like the way you want sorry But if you use different ip address to each pc then maybe that could work, I know how to setup other boxes in the house but never tested with kodi ask on here about that bit i'm sure someone will help on that mate.

Don't worry, Enigma 2/Vu+ has a plugin on Kodi that allows you to stream over your LAN. Will I need a connector/adapter to convert my VM coaxial cable into one that the Vu+ can attach to?

Back