help with IPTV as a newbie got a URL etc tried fire tv with tivimate - stuck/prefer enigma2

bmitie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Help, know nothing or very little about android , got an offer of a trial of IPTV . was sent a URL tiny type, username and password. Tried it on a FIRE TV (name has changed) used tivimate, entered url etc but would not connect. I tried URL on macbook and it gives me an apk. i tried url on fire tv as well and did not get apk. will try again

And I would ideally like to try it on my AXHD61 but is it same principal as tivmate and whats the best plugin for enigma 2? I have loaded the service app.

Last edited:
Help, know nothing or very little about android , got an offer of a trial of IPTV . was sent a URL tiny type, username and password. Tried it on a FIRE TV (name has changed) used tivimate, entered url etc but would not connect. I tried URL on macbook and it gives me an apk. i tried url on fire tv as well and did not get apk. will try again

And I would ideally like to try it on my AXHD61 but is it same principal as tivmate and whats the best plugin for enigma 2? I have loaded the service app.
Really first port of call should be to the provider. They can advise you which plugin to use on the E2 box

The tiny url will be to enter into downloader on your firetv or a web browser on an android box and will install your trial providers app then you just login with username and password you've been sent

I am guessing that the Tiny URL is a link to your providers own player, where you then only need to enter your Username and Password. put the URL into Downloader or click on it or re-type it into a browser wherever you have it and it should direct you to a location where you can install their IPTV Player, or it may install automatically. I am also guessing that your provider does not or will not supply you with the URL to allow you to use Tivimate

I'm only learning slowly :laughing: I tried the url again and yes it gets you to an apk file etc. I got it working but I cant say I'm a fan of the Fire Remote.

Is it possible to use same system on my AXHD61 or do I need an android box and is there such a thing as an android box that does sat as well??

Thanks for replies, its all getting a bit clearer.

I'm only learning slowly :laughing: I tried the url again and yes it gets you to an apk file etc. I got it working but I cant say I'm a fan of the Fire Remote.

Is it possible to use same system on my AXHD61 or do I need an android box and is there such a thing as an android box that does sat as well??

You can run it on the AXHD61 box no problem but will need to ask the provider do they support that box and which plugin.

Why not just turn hdmi cec on in firestick settings and use your tv remote

Just trying it out and its pretty nifty, get epg as well. I have iptv on the AXHD61 but that's just a script using putty. Its not bad, I like sport, but can go off.

The other half has an android sony tv but I have never loaded an apk on it. any pointers.

Just trying it out and its pretty nifty, get epg as well. I have iptv on the AXHD61 but that's just a script using putty. Its not bad, I like sport, but can go off.

The other half has an android sony tv but I have never loaded an apk on it. any pointers.
Android TV, exactly the same way as you have done it on your Firestick

I asked provider and got a long reply with the reference ANBOX can run android but cant find that in plugins!! Can it be loaded on AZHD61 and how?

I asked provider and got a long reply with the reference ANBOX can run android but cant find that in plugins!! Can it be loaded on AZHD61 and how?
Is it a trial or a sub you have bud if was a trial I would fekk them off as moshi says sounds like he dosnt hava a clue about enigma devices

That would not surprise me, is there a way I could tell him or will I just leave. Its running good on the fire tv stick so far. I have it for 2 days.

That would not surprise me, is there a way I could tell him or will I just leave. Its running good on the fire tv stick so far. I have it for 2 days.
Keep and use your 2 days if you are happy stay, if you are not happy then look for an alternative, it is that easy. But when looking/asking be sure to let potential suppliers know what devices and players that you intend using the subscription on. This way you can be sure (to a point) that whoever replies to you will be able to satisfy your needs

I tried the sonytv this morning and I am not very familair with it, in fact not allowed near it, but I saw downloader and tried to load it with no success. I was then going to use the tiny url etc. Any pointers to what I should do? Apparently is has Google OS now.

You more than likely just need to enable installs from unknown sources for downloader on the Sony tv.

If I was you I’d really push the provider for help while you’re on the trial as he doesn’t seem to know what you need. Better to find out if he can offer you support for your preferred device bow than after you’ve paid.

On my sony tv goto settings device preferences then scroll down to security &restrictions and enable apps from unknown sources.then download downloader and do same as firestick .runs iptv quite well.

Thanks all, I am begiining to get a grasp, about the TV its about 10 months new, I set it all up with an Xtrend 10000 and its hooked up to a yamaha soundbar so only 2 remotes and thats the max thats allowed. It was connected to the internet but for some reason it would do some sort of a reset and soundbar would not work with remote. When I got it working I went into settings and disabled something and disconencted the internet. Perfect since then . So if I can remmeber how disbaled the settings I can then get that apk.

More later.

To add a bit, success, I had somehow disabled downloader so once enabled got apk all set and then trial ended:LOL:

Last edited:
I downloaded the app to the Sony android TV when when I enter username and password I get a message login failed check url username and password. Is it possible this sony tv wont run a non standard app?? It is a smart tv but can it actually stop an app running!! And spew out a spurious message. Its got a section that enables me to grant access to the app.

I know I should use an android box but that's another remote!!

The tv is a SONY X8J 43"

I downloaded the app to the Sony android TV when when I enter username and password I get a message login failed check url username and password. Is it possible this sony tv wont run a non standard app?? It is a smart tv but can it actually stop an app running!! And spew out a spurious message. Its got a section that enables me to grant access to the app.

I know I should use an android box but that's another remote!!

The tv is a SONY X8J 43"
Has your trial expired also grant access to app

Back