help with IPTV as a newbie got a URL etc tried fire tv with tivimate - stuck/prefer enigma2

I downloaded the app to the Sony android TV when when I enter username and password I get a message login failed check url username and password. Is it possible this sony tv wont run a non standard app?? It is a smart tv but can it actually stop an app running!! And spew out a spurious message. Its got a section that enables me to grant access to the app.

I know I should use an android box but that's another remote!!

The tv is a SONY X8J 43"
Double check the username and passwords. Also the message asking you to allow access will be access to storage on the TV so you’ll need to have that enabled

I enabled that thanks. I wonder if my sub is for only 2 devices or is it possible although the app dowloaded it wont run on this TV?

Try on phone to make sure trail still active.also double check login in details you enter on tv app as o and number 0 look very similar and check caps and lower case letters

Yes I have it workng on 2 firesticks and a samsung android and I've checked the login details about 100 times, but watching the Roma game tonight with it was s..ite. I signed up this evening but I did try the TV this afternoon and when it failed to login I assumed the trial had ended!! Its for the TV really and series but if it was as bad over the trial as it was tonight I would have jacked it.

Now that I am up and running with IPTV and had a little play today but TV is not mine, but it is so slick compared to the firestick, would I benefit by getting an android box like a T95 with 4gb and 128gb rom. Would a box like this prevent buffering and can I record?

In the settings of the app I get an option for 2 players VLC or something else whats the difference

Last edited:
Now that I am up and running with IPTV and had a little play today but TV is not mine, but it is so slick compared to the firestick, would I benefit by getting an android box like a T95 with 4gb and 128gb rom. Would a box like this prevent buffering and can I record?

In the settings of the app I get an option for 2 players VLC or something else whats the differ
Vlc is an external player more for vod and series then live tv and the 1st player will be inbuilt player

Back