Help with OpenVpn Setup

w westy w

Hi there, i am having issues with setting up OpenVpn on my Zgemma.

I have a PIA account and have downloaded all the files and followed the setup guide.

When i press the green button to start the openvpn the Current status shows running then after a couple of seconds it changes to stopped.

Been scratching my head for the past few hours. Anyone know what im doing wrong

I have exactly the same issue! I was about to ask the same question myself. I'm using Wooshbuild V6. When I try to start the service by pressing the green button....nothing happens. If I press it a few time quickly it goes activated, but then deactivates after a few seconds. I followed all the I instructions etc....very strange?!

Finally managed to fix the issue.

First problem i had was a space in the client.conf file. I was using notepad and not Notepad++

2nd problem was the user name and password. This is not the same user name and password that you use to login to your PIA account. It's the one that you generate.

I found this guide extremely helpful https://www.tech2guides.co.uk/how-to-setup-vpn-on-enigma2-openatv/ although this is for IPVANISH it works in the same way as PIA.

Now i can watch 3pm kickoffs ;)

Glad you got sorted mate. Can i ask what image are you using. Been having the same problem for a few weeks now and am loosing the will to live!!

Wooshbuild open atv6

Yeah glad it worked for you. That's the instructions I followed, and I am with IP Vanish, but could not get the service to start on the box. I just ended up buying a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router from Argos (They have limited stock at the moment at £82!!).
I flashed with dd-wft kong build and setup open vpn on it with the details from ipvanish (very good I info on their site). Now I have all my devices through the nighthawk and amazingly am getting over 50mb speeds through the vpn!! I get 72mb when not through the vpn so I think it's pretty damn good! Very happy!!

Back