Help

neilhig

I'm using smart iptv on Android box. I moved the box into a different room and the MAC has changed removing my Playlist. Can you keep the box on the WiFi and move about. Or is every TV you plug box into have a unique MAC ID?

If using android box and was it originally on WiFi or ethanet the only way mac address changes if you've switched from WiFi to ethanet or vice versa it's the box it's self nothing to do with TV mate reboot box and router has it connected to a different WiFi connection

So I should keep it on wifi in house and not use different ethernet connections?

Would a WiFi extender have a different WiFi MAC?

The mac shouldn't change depending on your connection. A mac address is a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network so shouldn't change unless you change it, is as its related to your hardware.

A lot of people have that problem why not just take username password and server url and use smarters or xciptv player are you using powerlines at all take the box back downstairs and set back up see if it reverts to original mac address

Apparently smart TVs have 2 macs , one for WiFi one for ethenet. Could be the same for your box, but again they're related to hardware so shouldn't ever change.

"My MAC address has changed after I switched to another connection type.
Each TV has 2 MAC addresses (1st is WiFi, 2nd is Ethernet) and a 2nd MAC is activated automatically after you switch to another connection type and restart the app. MAC address is unique for every TV and cannot be changed manually." this is directly from smart iptv website

Apparently smart TVs have 2 macs , one for WiFi one for ethenet. Could be the same for your box, but again they're related to hardware so shouldn't ever change.

My MAC address has changed after I switched to another connection type.
Each TV has 2 MAC addresses (1st is WiFi, 2nd is Ethernet) and a 2nd MAC is activated automatically after you switch to another connection type and restart the app. MAC address is unique for every TV and cannot be changed manually.
He's using android box so won't be to do with TV lol so wouldn't it be 2 separate as mentioned one WiFi one ethanet

Back