Helping a friend out

monkey666

Ok so last night I visited my friends house, and he has the following setup, he lives in a 2 bedroom flat, bedrooms 1,2 setup and front room is as follows:

Front room has a twin tunner, which connects to there communal dish, the wife uses it to record, so both inputs is used. (so out of the question)
bedroom 1 single tuner from the communal dish which is being used in that room. (so out of the question)
bedroom 2 which is my friends room has no input at all, however he wants input (single) in.

Is there any of splinter I can use to make another input, and run some coaxial cable with a F connector on.

No, you can't split a sat coax.

You will need to run another from the dish to bedroom 2

Then this will be impossible because no more tuner inputs the current 3 is taken up, perhaps my friend can say something like so "call up sky and say I was a previous customer, however I have had to move flat, and I am considering using my old sky box however I have no signal in my room, and we have a communal dish, do you think they can sort something out with him ? or they will charge money, because he was a previous sky customer maybe they will honour this and take it into consideration, what would you guys do.

If he is allowed just put up a dish on the outside of the building
and run a coax to the box, they are about £25 plus a reel of cable approx £10

You see I looked on the 4 flats and I saw no sky satellite dishes however I did see Technomate dishes and a few foreign ones, so I was no sure if he would get in trouble. but I can confirm I saw foreign satellite dishes mounted to the flats walls about 6 of them.

Thanks for the replies I think the best solution is to maybe install one of those floor mounted satellite dish but the problem is its on a council estate maybe they will say its not allowed.

The easiest way is check on his Tenancy agreement as it will say in there ref dishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You usally find if there's already other dish's up then your ok putting one up.
As Tich says best to check tenancy agreement

You see I looked on the 4 flats and I saw no sky satellite dishes however I did see Technomate dishes and a few foreign ones, so I was no sure if he would get in trouble. but I can confirm I saw foreign satellite dishes mounted to the flats walls about 6 of them.

Depending how high the flat is located run feeds of others dish I did this in the past when I was in the same situation.

Back