Hisense 55" TV loud high pitch noise then no sound

loncell

TK Veteran
I have a 55" Hisense TV 4k about 3-4 years old. The other night it made a really loud high pitch scream so the only way to stop it was by turning it off back on.
Today it did it again but this time I've no sound. I've done the lot, unplugged everything, changed hdmi's, factory reset TV the lot.
When I have say the TiVo connected then turn the TV volume up it sounds like loud rustling of newspaper.
I then unplugged everything and used the built in YouTube TV app there's still no sound.

If I use the optic audio out cable out the back of the TV to my amp hey presto, sound comes on.
Is it a blown sound board or a cap blown ?.
Any tips chaps would be grateful. I'm sound soldering and metering if guided

HDMI socket on TV could be knackered.
They have power to them, unplugging and plugging in while either device is still powered on can cause shorting

I tend not to do this as I rarely hot swap anything HDMI there kinda plugged in and left in place and if for any reason I do I always power off both TV and the item. What happened was, wife powered on the TiVo (always left in standby) then after 5 minutes it screamed a high pitch noise. She turned the TV off and then after a few minutes turned it back on and all was well.
Then today I'm watching the TV via the H9s satbox the loud whistle suddenly kicks off, I turn the TV off back on nothing. Why would the TV's built Youtube app have no sound ?

But it works with the optic audio in use instead of HDMI.
You've tried other HDMI cables so I'd say it's the HDMI out on the TV
Is there only one?

The sound on all 4 hdmi sockets arent working. I've tried all different hdmi cables, cables that work upstairs. Factory reset TV powered off everything unplugged.
Tbh I've gone through the lot before posting so I'm thinking its a hardware issue. The backs off tomorrow check for any blown caps.

Last edited:
The sound on all 4 hdmi sockets arent working. I've tried all different hdmi cables, cables that work upstairs. Factory reset TV powered off everything unplugged.
Tbh I've gone through the lot before posting so I'm thinking its a hardware issue. The backs off tomorrow check for any blown caps.
Are normal apps working like BBC iplayer Netflix?

Yeah the apps all work but with no sound, pictures fine. If I turn up the sound it sounds like scrumpled up newspaper, thats on anything thats using the hdmi in.
The TV apps have no sound, no newspaper type noise

I unplugged everything and left it overnight. I tried its this morning using the YouTube app with the volume up and its nothing but white noise.
Gonna order a compatible mainboard today I've emailed a few guys on eBay, hopefully it's a cheap £25 fix.

I know lol, I've just been eyeing up the QLED. Wife said "Just fix it you can fook off wrong year",

Sad when you hope its dead :)
Boys and toys are never parted

TV sorted , I managed to pick up a board local off eBay. If your ever having a go just make sure you match the av main board and the LED screen serial number both need to be compatible.
Cost £25 so happy days
And
My Formuler GTV arrived today so ready for a City - AJ betting double
(Tin hat goes on)

Back