homeplugs

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello

I have a firestick with ethernet upstairs connected by homeplugs.
The kids have ps4 upstairs Could I buy one more home plug and connect it to the existing one down stairs and use my firestick and ps4 at the same time?

Or do all devices require 2 home plugs one for the device and one connected to the router?

Hello

The kids have ps4 upstairs Could I buy one more home plug and connect it to the existing one down stairs and use my firestick and ps4 at the same time?

Or do all devices require 2 home plugs one for the device and one connected to the router?
I have two TP Link Home plugs both with two ethernet sockets on them. One is in one room connected to the router and to my TV the other is in the living room connected to my TV and Firestick. and all devices work well together. Does this help?

can connect as many as u want aslong as ther paired with the 1 in router i run 4 aslong as the 1 in router is paired u can run as many as u want ther network plugs

These are single socket ones

Just not sure if each device needs a homeplug each end. So for ps4 and fire stick I'm think I need a 4 home plugs?

Hello

you can add as many homeplugs as you like,one next to the router then one in every room if you wanted

1 for the router.

1 for each device.

probably best to buy the same model as an addon though as long as its the same speed it should work.

yeh always put the new 1 in socket next to the router 1 press button on both so they pair then u can take the uther n plug in wall anywer aslong as its on the same electric circuit board

Cheers all. Sseemed Odd how all them devices just need one ethernet port On the router if was baffling Me thanks
1 for the router.

1 per device.

or add a network switch on each slave one and connect as many devices in that room as you like.

thr network plugs lol /hoomeplugs it acually shows u how the work on bk off the av600 box they basically run the net thru ur leccy supply

Yes I Fully understand that.

But if You were routing cat5e around the house each device would need a separate ethernet port on the router?

That's What I wasnt getting. How 3 devices can all connect down one ethernet port on the router. I thought they all needed separate ethernet ports

Ie

Ps4 ethernet port one with one pair Of home plugs

Firestick ethernet port two with one pair of home plugs

So 4 home Plugs in total?

I get how they Work had them years. Just my ps4 is crap wifi. So wondered what it would take to set that up. I thought I needed another 2.

I just didn't get how all That data can go down one ethernet port on the router

Yes I Fully understand that.

But if You were routing cat5e around the house each device would need a separate ethernet port on the router?

That's What I wasnt getting. How 3 devices can all connect down one ethernet port on the router. I thought they all needed separate ethernet ports

Ie

Ps4 ethernet port one with one pair Of home plugs

Firestick ethernet port two with one pair of home plugs

So 4 home Plugs in total?
They probably work the same way as a network switch. x1 Ethernet cable from switch to router, but switch may have 5 or more ports with different devices attached.

they run ur net thru the electric circuit board. aslong as that 1 is plugged into router with its 3 lights on the uthers will work tplink in the wall +net lead in device 3 light paired

They probably work the same way as a network switch. x1 Ethernet cable from switch to router, but switch may have 5 or more ports with different devices attached.
exactly
I have one switch running off one port,
then from that switch 2 other switches, each with 2 more ports in use and a couple of wifi connections each, plus another single supply off the 2nd switch
your original router/modem provides each device with an IP
so I have 1 port supplying about 8 connections at a guess

Back