homeplugs

I must say though, that I do have a little bit more of a complicated setup: I have my VM router in modem mode (because they are crap) and I have an 8 Port Asus router connected to that, I have a 5 port Asus upstairs at the back of the house connected via AiMesh. Total of 7 hardwired devices and 11 Wireless Devices, this is on top of the two TP Link home plugs downstairs, and everything (touch wood) works well Ohh I wish the two lads would get their own houses :unsure::laughing::laughing:

The wifi mesh plugs are the best solution. They are expensive however, you get next to zero loss in speeds. Buy one mesh plug and pair with your router that will cover the whole upstairs of your house.

I must say though, that I do have a little bit more of a complicated setup: I have my VM router in modem mode (because they are crap) and I have an 8 Port Asus router connected to that, I have a 5 port Asus upstairs at the back of the house connected via AiMesh. Total of 7 hardwired devices and 11 Wireless Devices, this is on top of the two TP Link home plugs downstairs, and everything (touch wood) works well Ohh I wish the two lads would get their own houses :unsure::laughing::laughing:
thats not really complicated,
I have in total 5 or 6 ( I cant remember) reconfigured routers as switches on my network, to provide wifi and hard connections throughout my house and workshop
everythings is provided an IP via the intial router, your intial router is just that, it routes all your traffic and gives it an address,
everything else is just a switch, which constantly switches the connection between the various connections

I use to have homeplugs but I eventually got round to adding an ethernet cable to go upstairs, down through the loft into the corner of the room and and into a TP-Link 8 port gigabyte switch in our bedroom.

From there I ran into my firestick then 2 cables out the switch back up into the loft and dropped into the other 2 rooms, again through the corner behind wardrobes. 1 for an xbox the other 2 were for firesticks. Cable was £20 but well worth it half a days effort.
Everything's running to its max and no more connection or speed issue's

I use to have homeplugs but I eventually got round to adding an ethernet cable to go upstairs, down through the loft into the corner of the room and and into a TP-Link 8 port gigabyte switch in our bedroom.

From there I ran into my firestick then 2 cables out the switch back up into the loft and dropped into the other 2 rooms, again through the corner behind wardrobes. 1 for an xbox the other 2 were for firesticks. Cable was £20 but well worth it half a days effort.
Everything's running to its max and no more connection or speed issue's
Was going to do the same till discovered wifi mesh plugs.

Saved me all the hassle of running cable all over the house.

thats not really complicated,
I have in total 5 or 6 ( I cant remember) reconfigured routers as switches on my network, to provide wifi and hard connections throughout my house and workshop
everythings is provided an IP via the intial router, your intial router is just that, it routes all your traffic and gives it an address,
everything else is just a switch, which constantly switches the connection between the various connections
It was for me initially until I sat and pondered for a while :unsure:

I get how they Work had them years. Just my ps4 is crap wifi. So wondered what it would take to set that up. I thought I needed another 2.

I just didn't get how all That data can go down one ethernet port on the router
if you want to keep with the wifi for the ps4 why not get the homeplug wifi extender like the AV600 where you use the same logic to bring both wifi and a RJ45 to where you want it ?

if you want to keep with the wifi for the ps4 why not get the homeplug wifi extender like the AV600 where you use the same logic to bring both wifi and a RJ45 to where you want it ?
Yes I had homeplugs but just not long moved router and wifi signal was not as good as it was so I also bought one of the AV600 kits did the job just fine.

Back