How can I use multi boot to try out Gogsbuild?

Hi.

I've got a zgemma H11s with WhooshBuild on it but from the forums it looks like I should move to gogsbuild as that is better supported now.

I believe the zgemma H11s supports multiple boot images but I can't find any instructions on how to use it. Is there a way I can try out gogsbuild without affecting my existing install? Also is there a way to import any IPTV subs I have from one to the other?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks both that worked. I've now got Gogs and Willo next to my WhooshBuild.

Some things to note - if you don't install to the partition that is in use then the box won't reboot when the install finishes you need to manually pick the build to reboot into using the multiboot manager

And for anyone that is slightly new to find "multiboot manager"...
In WhooshBuild/GogsBuild you hit "Menu" then go Standby/Restart -> Multi-Boot and you are shown your partitions.
In Willowbuild you hit "Menu" then go "Standby & Restart" -> "Multiboot Image Selector"

What is the best way to move any IPTV subs that were added using XE from one build to the other?

Also is XE the best to use in Gogs/Willo or is now a good time to migrate to something else (is that even possible? - I'm a real newbie to this)

Last edited:

Some things to note - if you don't install to the partition that is in use then the box won't reboot when the install finishes you need to manually pick the build to reboot into using the multiboot manager

In WhooshBuild/GogsBuild you hit "Menu" then go Standby/Restart -> Multi-Boot and you are shown your partitions.
In Willowbuild you hit "Menu" then go "Standby & Restart" -> "Multiboot Image Selector"

What is the best way to move any IPTV subs that were added using XE from one build to the other?

Also is XE the best to use in Gogs/Willo or is now a good time to migrate to something else (is that even possible? - I'm a real newbie to this)
Try both willo/grog see which one you prefer using both are supported by the guys on here. Take a look at jedimaker plugin if your provider allows it for iptv less hassle than the XE plugin.

Hi your first port of call for the iptv is your provider, they will guide you with what to use with their services.

Sorry to jump on this thread lads, but one question, I am running grogsbuild on my octagon slot 1 with open atv, slot 2 says Define6.3, so I could flash willobuild on slot 2 , without disruption to slot 1?

Back