How do i backup my entire iPhone 3GS?

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

My iPhone 3GS is jailbroken with loads of apps and games, some lad did it for me, my phone speaker is low, one side of the speaker is really low and is hard to hear the person on the phone during a call, loudspeaker is fine. Its under warranty to i want to reset my phone but want to backup the stuff i have now so once the phone is repaired i can restore the apps/games basically everything... does it make sense? LOL

Thanks in advance

Just sync your iphone with itunes and right click on your iphone when its connected it will show up on the left hand side of itunes right click on it and click transfer perchauses and after thats done click the sync button on itunes on the bottom right of itunes and watch the progress bar at the top of itunes until its complete, then once you have your new replaced iphone connect it to itunes but dont restore from back up just sync the things you need by ticking them like your apps and music and pics and vids and ringtones contacts notes etc and then hit the sync button

J4 id have said same as above but not sure if that will work if its jailbroken - should do. Do you use itunes for your phone? and are you sure its under warrenty still. You will also need to unjailbreak it also before you take it into apple. Plus you do know you only have 1 speaker right??

J4 id have said same as above but not sure if that will work if its jailbroken - should do. Do you use itunes for your phone? and are you sure its under warrenty still. You will also need to unjailbreak it also before you take it into apple. Plus you do know you only have 1 speaker right??

Linny i reset the iPhone to default settings, it wipes out the jailbreak and apps. I know how to backup the iPhone up and then restore the jailbroken IPSW file. (if its called that)

Yh Linny one speaker only on the iPhone and one for the microphone. I got it replaced. have to wait till december to get it factory unlocked from Orange.

why december is that when your contract ends??

you have to pair your sim-card with your iPhone and if your on pay as you go you have to be registered for 3 months which then enables you and orange to factory unlock your iPhone, its their rules and regulation i guess, personally i think it stinks.

but if your on pay as you go surely you can get any sim card to go in the phone as they should be unlocked?? then you can port your number ( if you still want to keep same number) over as your not on a contract. So what your saying is orange/Tmobile are bullying you into having to have a contract on PAYG for 3 months - No comment!

If your on PAYG how much do you have spend a month to get free internet access

but if your on pay as you go surely you can get any sim card to go in the phone as they should be unlocked?? then you can port your number ( if you still want to keep same number) over as your not on a contract. So what your saying is orange/Tmobile are bullying you into having to have a contract on PAYG for 3 months - No comment!

If your on PAYG how much do you have spend a month to get free internet access

they not bullying me in to contract Linny, not even got a contract. They just said we need to pair the sim card to the iPhone then after 3 months ring back in and we will be able to factory unlock the phone for you. Nothing else. No contracts or anything offered nor will be accepted by me.

sounds fishy to me! why do they have to pair the sim card?? and why does it take 3 months?? Id contact Apple and see what they say as its their product. The iphone is a smart phone like any of the others it cant be that different that they need it to be registered with them for 3 months. I think they are pulling your leg.
So are you with Orange now or you want to go to Orange?

sounds fishy to me! why do they have to pair the sim card?? and why does it take 3 months?? Id contact Apple and see what they say as its their product. The iphone is a smart phone like any of the others it cant be that different that they need it to be registered with them for 3 months. I think they are pulling your leg.
So are you with Orange now or you want to go to Orange?

neither Linny, ive read it in quite a few places on the net that you have to pair the sim with your iPhone and after 3 months you can get it factory unlocked, im not using it at the moment, iPhone 5 is out on the 15th October 2011. So might just get that or go for a white iPhone 4

IP5 is probably going to be expensive and that date is it official from apple? not being on PAYG i dont really know but would assume that as its PAYG you can put any sim in - which is the idea so you can chop and change and as the 3gs had a "normal sim" would have thought it was like any normal phone, but maybe not!

IP5 is probably going to be expensive and that date is it official from apple? not being on PAYG i dont really know but would assume that as its PAYG you can put any sim in - which is the idea so you can chop and change and as the 3gs had a "normal sim" would have thought it was like any normal phone, but maybe not!

look on the news - technology section of the forum, posted an article, date was slipped out by Orange.

Back