How do I remove my laptop monitor from my laptop?

Session9

VIP Member
Hey guys,

My Toshiba laptop monitor has **** itself. It doesn't work at all.
At first it was a few lines across it, and if I gave it a little tap, it would go fine for a while. Then it was chunky black lines and more lines, and hitting it harder etc etc.
Now it's just black.
It's probably about 6 years old, so that's OK with me.

So I have it hooked up to a massive plasma TV screen (it's aweeesomeee), and was wondering how on earth I can get rid of the laptop lid/monitor so it doesn't get in the way.

Looks like I might have to pull out the screwdrivers and sort it out myself hey!

Anyone else have any advice?
Like will there be cables or anything running from the screen to the base? What do I do with them?

OK. first off, there is a small power cable for powering the inverter & back light for your Laptop monitor which is connected to the motherboard. Then you have a flat ribbon cable for video signal which is also connected to the mainboard.

You would have to remove the keyboard to access them as well as removing the screen\lid\cover.

I'm not sure if the Laptop would then give you an error on startup due to the fact that it would detect no monitor??

-

Idea?

Why no leave the Laptop alone & set the power options to allow it to work with the cover closed?

Then go get one of these.

Sit back on your couch & enjoy :)

-

I just wanna fiddle with my laptop haha...

I've got it set so I can have it closed. Don't really wanna fork out money for a wireless keyboard to go with my mouse, but might have to.

Thanks

I just wanna fiddle with my laptop haha...

I've got it set so I can have it closed. Don't really wanna fork out money for a wireless keyboard to go with my mouse, but might have to.

Thanks

I know you don't, but that Keyboard has a touchpad onboard (Ditch the mouse) & save yourself a whole heap of hassle.....

laughing.gif

-

I saw that =P

But playing games like Unreal Tournament and Quake gets a little hard on a touchpad

Back