How good are smart watches?

Sponsored Links

Caturent

Registered
think to yourself mate, am i going to use this smart watch for all of its capabilities? if not, then there is no point in buying it lol. I would't by a smart watch because i dont need one and i just wouldnt even use it half of the time lol.

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
Forum Supporter
For me, they're a waste, just an extension of your phone - another thing to be charged every day or two.
Basically, they tell you that you have received a text, email,Facebook message, or whatever - for me that's what the alert tones do.
Some allow you to answer a call, but surely that is what your phone is for?
If they were independent of your phone, I could see the point, but they have to connect to your phone and you have to have both with you.

Do I sound like a cynic? I'm not normally, but on this one, I am!

pabloescaban

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
so basically they are a useless toy?
no real point in having one until they become completely independent of your mobile

stuss

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Guilty as charged for owning one.
It sits in my bedside draw..

Smart watch does everything your phone does...just strap your phone to your arm instead, job done :grin:
Me phone is bigger than my arms

I do arm curls with the phone strapped to my arm.. it's all it's good for..phone freezes more than iptv.

Last edited by a moderator:

ven2112

Registered
bit late to this thread, the wife bought me a Samsung gear 3 frontier, at first it was great, looked good, change faces etc, then i thought , why do i need to know how many hours i slept last night? then i had the always on face set, battery run down, so i put it on to gesture( it lights up when i turned my wrist ) kept coming on while driving when turning a corner , very distracting as i thought i had a message or something , so i turned the display off so i had to press a button to see the time ., i thought , hold on a sec!! i had a watch like that when i was about 13 ( im 56 now) black screen press & get the time in red , going back in time here lol , so just took it back, sometimes technology just aint what it seems