How often do your cable boxes glitch?

Entropy

Hiya foks

Ive had a cable sub for two years now, its started out OK, its glithced sometimes (by glitch i mean pause for second or two). As time went on it got worse and worse to the point where it seemed to be quite regularly.

I requested some test lines yesterday and have tried two and tey are both the the same.

Is a glitch free line a pipe dream?

I dont watch more much telly tbh, just football and kids stuff, with the HD gone if i cant find a reliable server i think i might just ditch the cable altogether.

Mine rarely glitches if it does it is like for a second or two. Can't really complain for the price i pay compared to actual virgin. I suggest changing your equipment and finding a better line. Here's what I did when I first got a cable box.

* I have replaced all my cabling (From the isolator to the splitter, then from the splitter to the virgin hub & to the H2H box) with a "Webro HD100 Cable".
* Also replaced my Maplin 5-2400mhz splitter with a Labgear 5-1000mhz. (Saw a significant difference.)
* Changed my Ethernet Cables from CAT5 to CAT7. (Thought what the hell might as well change everything whilst I'm at it)
* Added 6db attenuators on my virgin hub and H2H Box. (Read my power levels where to high on my hub this brought them back down. Don't know how much of an effect it having.)
* After all that I had a much stabler picture but still had freezing. (Some short, some longer. And worse on certain days.) So got a new test line. Went from CCcam to newcamd been testing it all day today and not had one glitch/freeze. I know "newcamd" are more recommended and think I'll be sticking with this one.

im freezing all the time now,changed my set up with new cables,amp,images ect,going to try a new line now,

mine can sometimes be great some days and really poor other days, usually certain channels are the culprit, I can tell if a channel is going to be a problem when I choose it and it takes ages to clear then come on, but i'd say this last year it has been going down hill as I suppose more and more users are using the lines the sat side of things too has really gone downhill the last 3 months too.

Mine rarely glitches if it does it is like for a second or two. Can't really complain for the price i pay compared to actual virgin. I suggest changing your equipment and finding a better line. Here's what I did when I first got a cable box.

* I have replaced all my cabling (From the isolator to the splitter, then from the splitter to the virgin hub & to the H2H box) with a "Webro HD100 Cable".
* Also replaced my Maplin 5-2400mhz splitter with a Labgear 5-1000mhz. (Saw a significant difference.)
* Changed my Ethernet Cables from CAT5 to CAT7. (Thought what the hell might as well change everything whilst I'm at it)
* Added 6db attenuators on my virgin hub and H2H Box. (Read my power levels where to high on my hub this brought them back down. Don't know how much of an effect it having.)
* After all that I had a much stabler picture but still had freezing. (Some short, some longer. And worse on certain days.) So got a new test line. Went from CCcam to newcamd been testing it all day today and not had one glitch/freeze. I know "newcamd" are more recommended and think I'll be sticking with this one.

no one believed me when i said correct cables and splitters do make a difference.

Mine glitches very rarely, just into my third year with supplier at £70 per year, got £200 box and cables and splitter are 12 months old but still get the odd glitch.
There isn't such a thing as freeze free and you do get what you pay for, spend decent money on your line and buy the best box you can afford (better box will mean better tuner etc) whatever you spend will be a lot cheaper than giving it to Murdoch or branson

My cable hardly ever glitches only maybe a couple of times a month , hardly noticeable at all. I just use the splitters and cables I have spare from official virgin equipment i have recieved.

I cant say that I've ever noticed mine glitch,
but, I dont watch a lot of tv, not on cable anyway,
although I have been watching British Eurosport most of the day today and not noticed anything at all.

Very rarely get any glitching on main sports and movie channels etc do get some on the lesser + 1 channels and a couple of music channels but i can live with that for the price you pay for a line for the year compared to virmin n slys prices i certainly aint gonna lose any sleep over it and enjoy spending the savings on my motor :(y):

I asked about glitching on my cable and was told nothing could be done about it, on some channels, Gold, Gold+1 for example it can be every few minutes, movies are usually better, the F1 chinese replay last evening dropped out about 6 times. seriously thinking about changing to a more robust service

I asked about glitching on my cable and was told nothing could be done about it, on some channels, Gold, Gold+1 for example it can be every few minutes, movies are usually better, the F1 chinese replay last evening dropped out about 6 times. seriously thinking about changing to a more robust service

try a different provider to rule out line issue

I'm having a lot of trouble on cable now, freezing all the time on certain channels, like steptoe i was watching eurosport on sunday and it regularly froze on HD and SD, other channels freezing like racing channels, i'm using two cable subs and they are both the same, i have messed around with cams and readers for oscam but no better.

changed the dns servers in my router from auto to cloudfare a couple of days ago and life is much much better. Of course it could be down to the better weather and every one is in the pub garden and not watching tv

Don't know if this is of any help. I put softcam panel on could see 2 cw lines changing but not at same time. When picture freezes both cw lines change. Happens every time it freezes.

Back