How to assign EPG to IPTV streams

Managed to get USA EPG populated today using tommycahir guide and zap2it. Have to manually download the EPG at the minute but I'll finish it off this week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to add channel numbers and picons to IPTV channels once you have them populated in the epg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to add channel numbers and picons to IPTV channels once you have them populated in the epg?

Just realised my IPTV supplier does in fact supply a method for adding IPTV picons.

Can anyone tell me where wooshbuild picons are stored?

I've used the e-channelizer to assign the uk epg to my iptv channels which I imported into bouquets on my zgemma h2s. Everything worked great. Got up in the morning and none of the channels are working. I have tried my iptv m3u on other devices and works great. Any Ideas?

I can only assume it has updated in the night and messed it all up but now even when I run the streams within iptv player/ media, they are not streaming either.

I've deleted all my bouquets and ran auto bouquet to restore to default yesterday which worked. This morning I have lost all bouquets now? :-S

I think autobouquet settings are f*cked! Can I restore them to default somehow or even start a fresh on a new build?

So I have put together a whole bunch of guides recently on how to assign epg to IPTV streams, update files etc, so thought it might be worthwhile revisiting the topic and summarising it with reference to the latest guides etc

# I do not take responsibility for any lost data or damage to your system or device, This is done at your own risk! #

Points of Note
  • This solution assume you will extract the epg data on your own device or will have access to an online epg data source.
  • This solution has been tested with epgimport only and is not tested in anyway with crossepg.
  • Thanks to the guys over on Rytec support forum on openpli site who answered some queries on epgimport processing and handling. They were the key to this being possible.
Prerequisites:
  • IPTV channels: These should be imported into your Enigma2 box and in a single bouquet
  • epgimport plugin: this is the main engine that does heavy lifting once you have configuration completed, available to download from plugins feed.
  • FTP client: a good commonly used one is filezilla but there are loads out there that will do the job.
    - Filezilla basic user guide
    - Youtube guide on using Filezilla
  • XML editor: I personally use PsPad but others recommend Notepad++
  • Enigma2 Box IP Address: To find your IP Address go to Menu-> Setup-> Network-> Device Setup-> Lan Setup (WLan option if that is used)-> Adapter settings
    - Note that if you have DHCP set to Yes then your IP Address may change periodically, if you want a static IP address then you need to change the settings here.
  • Enigma2 Box userID and password: This varies from box to box and image to image so google is your friend here.
  • E-Channelizer: You will need some form of editor to update the Stream reference and E-Channelizer is very simple and intuitive to use, it can be downloaded from http://echannelizer.com/. This can also be used to load your IPTV to the Enigma2 box.
Assigning UK epg to your IPTV streams
This is a very easy process but at the moment very manual and will need to be done via E-Channelizer. If you are going to
  • Open E-Channelizer and read the data from the STB,
  • Open the IPTV bouquet and all channels should appear in the middle column
  • Right-click on the stream, and select Edit. Alternatively, double-click it to edit.
  • In the Edit Stream dialog, select Service as EPG and picon source (if using picon).
  • Then select the DVB service from the available services (grouped by satellites).
  • Click OK to save changes and close.
Alternatively, you can drag the DVB service from the Left hand side menu and drop it into the stream while pressing CTRL.
  • - The selected service's reference will be assigned to the stream, but starting with 4097 instead of 1.
  • - This method is NOT supported by all images, so make sure your image is compatible.

High Level Overview to Assigning non UK epg

• Access to the epg data
    if you don't have a suitable epg data source available on a server then you will need to extract the data on your box (US epg only possible this way), The following guide shows How to automate extraction of US EPG data on your Enigma2 Device
    If you have a server epg available you need to include this in the sources.xml file

• Update the stream references to be unique
    You need to update all the stream references to be unique, I have created a python file which will do this automatically for you, follow the instructions in How to automatically update your IPTV bouquet with a unique stream reference
    If you are assigning UK epg then you need to do that after you have run the above python script otherwise you will lose all your assignments and they will need to be redone.

• Create a template custom.channels.xml
    This assumes you have already run the streamrefupdate.py file as per above guide, You will need to run another python script which will create a new file called custom.channels.xml in your /etc/epgimport/ folder, the guide on running the script is @ How to automatically create your custom.channels.xml from IPTV bouquet
  • map channel ID from epg data source to custom.channels.xml
    Download and open the custom.channels.xml file as created earlier and replace the placeholder text with the channel ID from the epg data source on the line matching the channel you want the epg data assigned to. some examples in the below screenshots.

• Create custom.sources.xml
    This file ties all the others together and is the main reference file for the epgimport plugin, all files mentioned above need to be correctly referenced in this file otherwise the data will not be imported and the epg assigned to the IPTV stream. Note that file names are very case sensitive.
    The below is the basic complete custom.sources.xml file copy it and save into a file called custom.sources.xml
    Code:
    <sources> 
      <source type="gen_xmltv" channels="/etc/epgimport/custom.channels.xml">
       <description>US TV Guide EPG</description>   
        <url>/etc/epgimport/NAME OF EPG DATA FILE</url> 
      </source>
    </sources>
- The source file should point to the file with the channel ID mapping created in previous step - The description can be anything you want - The url can be either the local path as per above or a web URL to the epg data source​
  • Transfer the file to your device
    Open an FTP connection to your enigma 2 box
    Transfer the files you have created above to the box, they must go in /etc/epgimport

• Configuring EPGImport Plugin
    Open EPGImport on your box and now you should see a new source named as you have in the custom.sources.xml, Select the entry and hit the green button to save.

I would recommend that you clear the epg before importing it as this will ensure you get the freshest copy of the data and that if there was any incorrect assignments in the past that they are wiped immediately.

Now you need to run a manual import by hitting the yellow button, this should show a large number of events being imported for each selected option and will take a couple of minutes.
    This import should be scheduled for daily update if source files are updated daily.
    If the epg doesn’t immediately appear restart your device and rerun the epgimport again as it seems there is some delay in the assigning of epg at times using epgimport.
If you make a mess of your epg while doing this you can easily clear it by setting "Clearing Current EPG before Import" to Yes then running a manual scan with the IPTV source deselected to return to normal service.

Change Log
10/February/17 - updated images and formatting/links
29/November - Initial version created on original forum

Hi Guys why would I be unable to read settings from stb "Failed unable to connect to STB via ftp. Check ip address , port, FTP service, and PC Firewall....?

Hi Guys why would I be unable to read settings from stb "Failed unable to connect to STB via ftp. Check ip address , port, FTP service, and PC Firewall....? I h ip address have the ip address and can send info to stb just not able to receive... cheers

Hi Guys why would I be unable to read settings from stb "Failed unable to connect to STB via ftp. Check ip address , port, FTP service, and PC Firewall....? I h ip address have the ip address and can send info to stb just not able to receive... cheers
Do u have a firewall on your PC? Try disabling it temporarily if you do and see if it works.

Are you connecting to the box using it's IP address, or name?
If the box reboots it can be assigned a different IP address by your router, unless you set it to have a static address.

Im sorted guys, Thanks for your help, when I was reading the stb I had a default connection and my named connection, the default one had the wrong ip address. I just deselected it and read perfect then. Got the epg from uk channels so Big thanks to Tommycahir for such a detailed tutorial. Fair Play, well writtin , explained and the whole lot so thumbs up bud!!!:):):)

Im sorted guys, Thanks for your help, when I was reading the stb I had a default connection and my named connection, the default one had the wrong ip address. I just deselected it and read perfect then. Got the epg from uk channels so Big thanks to Tommycahir for such a detailed tutorial. Fair Play, well writtin , explained and the whole lot so thumbs up bud!!!:):):)

Apologies on double post, how are the rest of you managing things, as I said I've manged to get the uk epg working well, now its a case of just getting it to update regularly etc. Any of you move on to the other channels? American, etc? Any developments with you cybertoad11? Fierce amount of work in it to get epg but it pays off. I wouldnt like to be doin 6 or 7 boxes lol :)

Apologies on double post, how are the rest of you managing things, as I said I've manged to get the uk epg working well, now its a case of just getting it to update regularly etc. Any of you move on to the other channels? American, etc? Any developments with you cybertoad11? Fierce amount of work in it to get epg but it pays off. I wouldnt like to be doin 6 or 7 boxes lol :)
Glad you got it sorted. Yes my setup is running perfectly now with US epg too. Followed the guide provided by Tommy chair and took a day off work to refine my setup. Wife was happy too [emoji16] I have a cron job running every morning to pull the epg data from Zap2it, all detailed in the guide by Tommy chair. Quite time consuming but well worth it in the end!

yep fair play to you, to be honest I think its gonna take people to read a tut like this and get down and do the bus themselves. No one is gonna do it for you, its too time consuming. Im a bit behind you cybertoad11 but will read more tonight and try make progress. Cheers man

yep fair play to you, to be honest I think its gonna take people to read a tut like this and get down and do the bus themselves. No one is gonna do it for you, its too time consuming. Im a bit behind you cybertoad11 but will read more tonight and try make progress. Cheers man
some IPTV suppliers are starting to put some scripts together based on my tutorials and guides to do this for their customers but they are still in beta stages or are very messy when it comes to implementation.
Amazing what you can do when using a shell script and some hosting space.. :)

some IPTV suppliers are starting to put some scripts together based on my tutorials and guides to do this for their customers but they are still in beta stages or are very messy when it comes to implementation.

I've been playing with stuff based around your tutorials and scripts elsewhere for over a week now as a hobbyist and am in no way affiliated with any IPTV service.
I have to thank you for your hard work and ideas, you have pushed me in directions I'd of never though of.
I now have a running beta with auto download of IPTV m3u file, splitting of it into bouquets, custom channel lists and EPG including non British channels, plus unique service names. This is setup to run auto possibly every day or 2.

I've been playing with stuff based around your tutorials and scripts elsewhere for over a week now as a hobbyist and am in no way affiliated with any IPTV service.
I have to thank you for your hard work and ideas, you have pushed me in directions I'd of never though of.
I now have a running beta with auto download of IPTV m3u file, splitting of it into bouquets, custom channel lists and EPG including non British channels, plus unique service names. This is setup to run auto possibly every day or 2.
Will you be sharing this?

Back