How to assign EPG to IPTV streams

Hi
Can a epg be added to m3u , if epg not supported or provided by supplier
Just wondering if the epg can be added within the file , or how can i do this
Many thanx
Idledawn

@tommycahir , could you please re-upload a couple of the files from the links in your posts on page 1, which are now broken?

I'm already running the suls plugin and have almost all channels populated in the EPG. Just a few US channels are missing, which I can now populate myself thanks to your guide on page 1, using zap2xml on a PC and FTPing the xml to the E2 receiver. But I'd like to automate the process and run zap2xml on the receiver, and I'm stuck at the Setting up the xmltv.sh script" step.

The files (I think) I need are:

xmltv.zip
GREPpattern.zip

Cheers!

I'm already running the latest version of EPGImport - that's what grabs most of the EPG. I need the xmltv.sh script from page 1 to add a few missing channels.

@tommycahir , could you please re-upload a couple of the files from the links in your posts on page 1, which are now broken?

I'm already running the suls plugin and have almost all channels populated in the EPG. Just a few US channels are missing, which I can now populate myself thanks to your guide on page 1, using zap2xml on a PC and FTPing the xml to the E2 receiver. But I'd like to automate the process and run zap2xml on the receiver, and I'm stuck at the Setting up the xmltv.sh script" step.

The files (I think) I need are:

xmltv.zip
GREPpattern.zip

Cheers!

I have updated the post with links to those 2 files however you may need to edit the xmltv file as I can't seem to locate the original one anywhere and the one i have uploaded seems to be a personalised one i had at some stage

The xmltv may actually be for the perl command in which case it is really just a case of replacing the commands with the python ones, a .sh file is just stringing together the commands into a sequence which can be run automatically..

Yes indeed, your .sh script is set up to run zap2xml.pl, which is the best way to go now, as the edit4ever Python port of zap2xml has been abandoned and is now outdated. Anyway, I have it all up and running now, but not on my VU+ Duo2 box. I've ended up running zap2xml.pl on a Raspberry Pi as a cron job, and my .sh script also modifies the output xml, appends season/episode info to the end of the programme description and sends the finished xml to the /etc/epgimport folder on the VU+ box. It works great for the USA IPTV channels that, up until now, had no EPG.

I really wanted to run everything on the VU+ box, but when I tried to install Perl, I got a string of dependency errors, and then I had problems trying to install the various dependencies using cpan. I became frustrated with all the 'command not found' errors on the VU+ box, so I flashed it back to the previous stable image, abandoned that approach and decided to go with the Pi.

Are you running Perl on an E2 box?

Yes indeed, your .sh script is set up to run zap2xml.pl, which is the best way to go now, as the edit4ever Python port of zap2xml has been abandoned and is now outdated. Anyway, I have it all up and running now, but not on my VU+ Duo2 box. I've ended up running zap2xml.pl on a Raspberry Pi as a cron job, and my .sh script also modifies the output xml, appends season/episode info to the end of the programme description and sends the finished xml to the /etc/epgimport folder on the VU+ box. It works great for the USA IPTV channels that, up until now, had no EPG.

I really wanted to run everything on the VU+ box, but when I tried to install Perl, I got a string of dependency errors, and then I had problems trying to install the various dependencies using cpan. I became frustrated with all the 'command not found' errors on the VU+ box, so I flashed it back to the previous stable image, abandoned that approach and decided to go with the Pi.

Are you running Perl on an E2 box?

No could never get perl running on the box, too many dependencies missing tbh, glad to hear that you have the us stuff working, the guy that created the zap2it pythoin script now has a new one which works called zap2epg (https://github.com/edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg/releases) and that seems to be actively maintained as per the kodi thread where i found it originally (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267022&page=45 and https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/440-tvheadend-atsc-and-epg/?pageNo=25), so maybe some more tinkering with the VU+ coming in the next few days ;)

No could never get perl running on the box, too many dependencies missing tbh, glad to hear that you have the us stuff working, the guy that created the zap2it pythoin script now has a new one which works called zap2epg (https://github.com/edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg/releases) and that seems to be actively maintained as per the kodi thread where i found it originally (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267022&page=45 and https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/440-tvheadend-atsc-and-epg/?pageNo=25), so maybe some more tinkering with the VU+ coming in the next few days ;)

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with that! Would be nice to have everything running on the VU+.

Is there a guide to update any changes made by your provider using echanlizer im using 3 providers so echanlizer is working best for me only need to get the stream to auto update?

Is there a guide to update any changes made by your provider using echanlizer im using 3 providers so echanlizer is working best for me only need to get the stream to auto update?
You can simply re-import M3U to sync and update your streams, your bouquets setup will be kept intact though. More functionalities to manage IPTV and auto update M3U will be available soon!

hi wondering if someone could help.

i've used e-channelizer to assign DVB service to my corresponding IPTV channels, all is good i run epg import epg data comes across.
Issue i have is when i run e2m3ubouquet to update my playlist i lose all my epg data, i log back onto echannelizer and all the DVB info has gone from the streams.

anyone know how i can keep the DVB service on the streams after running e2m3ubouquet maker. as i dont want to keep repeating the process of assigning the DVB to each channel after playlist update.

thanks

hi wondering if someone could help.

i've used e-channelizer to assign DVB service to my corresponding IPTV channels, all is good i run epg import epg data comes across.
Issue i have is when i run e2m3ubouquet to update my playlist i lose all my epg data, i log back onto echannelizer and all the DVB info has gone from the streams.

anyone know how i can keep the DVB service on the streams after running e2m3ubouquet maker. as i dont want to keep repeating the process of assigning the DVB to each channel after playlist update.

thanks

You should be able to use the e2m3ubouquet override file. See here

Back