How To Clear Your Memory Without Restarting

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
If you run a windows computer you’ll know like many others that after a while your system will in doubt start running slow. Most people will restart their computer to remove and idle processes. But there’s a simpler way

1. Right click on an empty spot on your desktop and select New - Shortcut.

2. Type %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks in the box.

3. Click Next.

4. Give your shortcut a nice name like “Clear Memory”.

5. Click Finish and you’re done.

Now whenever your computer starts running slow click this shortcut to clear out your memory and get your computer running at a normal pace again.

Last edited:
I've only got 256mb of RAM, so i will definitly consider it. :), By the way is it safe to use, i just dont want to much memory being cleared causing applications to crash. :fear:

Im using it dan and havent any problems with it.....im going to have to put a disclaimer at the end of my posts lol just in case lol

Looks like a good idea moh, I will have to try it.

It is bound to be a lot cheaper than my other method of clearing my memory, which uses an abundance of alcohol. LOL

good stuff moh, must try it, though ferguji's alcohol answer sounds nice too (y)

I've only got 256mb of RAM, so i will definitly consider it. :), By the way is it safe to use, i just dont want to much memory being cleared causing applications to crash. :fear:

You are safe to use moh's suggested method dan-ger-ous :)

-

Tried this, and thanks for sharing moh :). it reduces the amount of ram taken by the applications and processes and then my PC is back to a more stable condition. :)

Back