How to set channel list on golden interstar xpeed lx2

StevoAmigo1

Just after some help on setting up a channel list up for the box above, i did do an automatic scan and its picked the sat channels up fine but there all scattered about, is there a way of setting a list for like doc channels, movie channels etc, or could i just download a plugin to do the job for me?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the guide again here.

Set the EPG to Multi EPG.

Set the provider order to virgin then sky, depending on which list you want at the top.

Scan using Autobouquet maker.

You will get all the channels grouped as you want (cable channels) followed by the same set of groups (sat channels)

Has anyone got any links to pics/vids of the look of the ideal setup? I'm interested in this as my next box but need something more like the sly setup and use it as the main family box in the house

Have a look at the guide again here.

Set the EPG to Multi EPG.

Set the provider order to virgin then sky, depending on which list you want at the top.

Scan using Autobouquet maker.

You will get all the channels grouped as you want (cable channels) followed by the same set of groups (sat channels)

I sorted it now, thanks mate you been a big help in setting me up :-) and im currently on a 24hr trial atm, there was some glitching last night however and the picture quality wasn't to good and looked abit vague, i thought it could be my f-connector being abit loose, i also downloaded the videoenhancer plugin which made it slightly better :)

Has anyone got any links to pics/vids of the look of the ideal setup? I'm interested in this as my next box but need something more like the sly setup and use it as the main family box in the house

Yes mate these boxes are good i got mine for £129 in world of sat, get it pre flashed for free with the vix image also, and then you follow bees guide above in his comment on setting up, you have to download the filezilla program onto your pc aswell mate for it to work,

Cheers

Is it a box that could take over from your sly HD box in your living room and keep the kids and wife happy would you say??? Is the EPG like Sly? :)

Is it a box that could take over from your sly HD box in your living room and keep the kids and wife happy would you say??? Is the EPG like Sly? :)

Yes mate the epg is setup very similiar with the movies section, documentary section, kids,music etc, however the remote does take abit of getting used to, if you just purely want the box to watch and record satellite tv on then get the £109 box on world of sat from here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...B-S-S2-Twin-Satellite-Tuner-Enigma-2-Linux-HD

It as twin sat tuners so you can record on one channel and watch another, but id recommend getting a large pen drive stick about 64gb off fleabay to save your epg and recordings on,

Cheers

Also to mention aswell there isn't any hd channels working with sly only the basic ones such as bbc1hd etc, if you want hd channels then you need the £129box like mine where you can run a cable server through it (dvb-c)presuming you have a fibre virmin cable, and also run a sat server aswell (dvb-s) but you need 2 servers setting up one for cable and another for sly, and then u can record channels on cable and watch sly or vice versa :) hope this makes sense lol

The box is cracking mate. and yes a perfect lo-cost replacement for the skybox in your living room.

New box

Also to mention aswell there isn't any hd channels working with sly only the basic ones such as bbc1hd etc, if you want hd channels then you need the £129box like mine where you can run a cable server through it (dvb-c)presuming you have a fibre virmin cable, and also run a sat server aswell (dvb-s) but you need 2 servers setting up one for cable and another for sly, and then u can record channels on cable and watch sly or vice versa :) hope this makes sense lol

If I'm reading this right u say u need the dearer box to get the bbc hd channels. ..am I wrong

Xpeed L2 can be supplied as a twin sat tuner or a combo (1x sat plus 1x cable)

The combo will give you all the good HD channels like sat used to but only on the cable tuner.

HD hasn't been effected on the cable side.

You will need VM broadband, combo box and a cable sub

Sorry for the hijack on this thread...
so I've got the two existing sky cables from my dish one to watch and one to record...so am i looking the cheaper box at 109 to get it up and running... (and will I receive the normal free to air hd channels. ..thanks in advance bees

Back