How to upgrade software for your VuPlus

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
Unzip the zip file and you will have vuplus folder and under the folder, you have another folder named after the model of your VuPlus set.
Copy vuplus folder (including all the sub folders and files in it) to root folder of an USB memory.
Turn off your VuPlus set and insert the USB memory to USB port on the set.
Turn on the set.

For Duo: Update is done when complete message is displayed on the VFD.

For Solo: Update is done when green light blinks on the front panel.

For Uno: Push Ch- button when message shows. Update is done when complete message is displayed on the VFD.

For Ultimo: Push - button when message shows. Update is done when complete message is displayed on the VFD.

For Solo2: Push power button when message shows. Update is done when complete message is displayed on the VFD.

Remove the USB memory and turn off the set and back on.

also worth pointing out that you should NEVER switch a receiver off mid flash as it can corrupt the boot sector rendering your receiver a paper weight.
i'll upload some more indepth flashing tutorials a little later once i'm on a more stable connection and i remove our forum's logo and links so as not to offend any potential forum sponsors etc.

i flashed my old duo as it needed an image and used an" integral 8gb " usb stick that flashes when it is doing something so i know not to stop it in mid flight,also confirms the front display when it says finished.

hi peeps im a newbie on the site and ive been trying to install wooshbuild to my cloud ibox4, ive downloaded the zip file for duo2 which I think is the correct box as its a twin sat box(pls correct me if im wrong?) the problem ive got is no matter what I do wooshbuild will not attempt to install, ive tried all matter of ports on the box,tried all different files on the usb vuplus/ duo2 buildbase ,switched on/off but no matter what I do it wont install! it has the sly skin atm but wanting iptv and to be able to use free to air sat cable channels from the planner ive read is possible and the decent epg wooshbuild has on the sky planner can anyone help me out pretty pls ??

hi peeps im a newbie on the site and ive been trying to install wooshbuild to my cloud ibox4, ive downloaded the zip file for duo2 which I think is the correct box as its a twin sat box(pls correct me if im wrong?) the problem ive got is no matter what I do wooshbuild will not attempt to install, ive tried all matter of ports on the box,tried all different files on the usb vuplus/ duo2 buildbase ,switched on/off but no matter what I do it wont install! it has the sly skin atm but wanting iptv and to be able to use free to air sat cable channels from the planner ive read is possible and the decent epg wooshbuild has on the sky planner can anyone help me out pretty pls ??

This is the list of supported receivers:

WooshBuild Supported Receivers

I don't know if it's supported or not, that just Wooshman's list.
I know that you are supposed to be able to use Vu Duo firmware on it but Wooshman would be the man to ask.

Try updating the existing vu duo image thats on the box first, then it may allow you to install another image of your choice....Then again, if your box is a clone, then i believe there is no chance of an upgrade ???

why people buy box clones is beyond me and easily bricked,it needs to be 100% supported or a door stop it may become?
vu never supported those boxes

forgot to add your in the wrong section as not vu related

Last edited:
Back