Code:
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

Start Putty,
Click on Telnet
Enter IP address of receiver
Click on Open

See attached picture
Putty guide.png

Once logged on, the default username for most images is "root" in lowercase. There is no password for most images as a default. If yours is different, perform a search on the net.

Putty opkg update.png

To find IP address on receiver:
Menu > Setup > Network > Device > Adapter settings. (Some images show it in the about page). You can also use the hostname. eg tmnano3t.local

You can save the details to enable quick access if your router assigns the same IP address or you are using a static address

You obviously want to issue a command someone has posted. It is better to paste than type them. This avoids errors.
Copy the command you want, right click on the putty window, paste, press return

Copying output from Putty window:
Highlighting text in putty automatically copies it to your clipboard. You can then post this if required. E.G you are getting a problem and need to post the output/result so others see it.

Some commands:

Show storage devices, filesystem and type
Code:
df -Th

Put enigma to sleep (required before deleting files normally re-written at restart such as epg.dat)
Code:
init 4

Stop Enigma2 and then restart in console mode with debug
Code:
init 4 && ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma2

Stop Enigma2 and then restart in console mode with debug( On PLi, you have to issue as two separate commands)
Code:
init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma2

Stop Enigma2, restart and write debug log to /hdd
(Will still work if you only have a USB stick connected)

Code:
init 4 && enigma2 &> /media/hdd/Enigma2_debug_$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S).log

Set a Pasword
Code:
passwd

List available updates
Code:
opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

Perform an update
Code:
[SIZE=3]init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6[/SIZE]

Remove all channel data and bouquets. Use with caution.
Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

Remove all channel data and bouquets. Use with caution. (For Pure2 and older OpenATV images)
Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f  /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

Check who is connected to your receiver.
Code:
netstat

Show your tuner configuration. This will also create a file in /tmp/ called "mytunerconfig.txt" Upload/attach it to your thread if asked to.
Code:
cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt

Flash ViX by command line (by Grog68). This will not create a settings backup.

Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh

Flash OpenATV by command line (by Grog68). This will not create a settings backup.
Code:
 wget --no-check-certificate -O installatv.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbo698rxconave/installatv.sh?dl=1 && bash installatv.sh

Last edited:
You can also use the Telnet client in Windows, but you have to enable it first.

• Open “Control Panel“.
  • Open “Programs“.
  • Select the “Turn Windows features on or off ” option.
  • Check the “Telnet Client” box.
  • Click “OK“. A box will appear that says “Windows features” and “Searching for required files“. When complete, the Telnet client should be installed in Windows.

Code:
https://www.technipages.com/windows-10-enable-telnet

To then connect and issue commands:
Press the windows key
Type "CMD", you will see "command prompt", select it
Type "telnet 192.168.0.21" (Adapt for your receiver's IP address or use the hostname)
Login with username "root"

Paste/Issue the commands you want

A guide on how to use Putty for Telnet commands

Download Putty from following link and install it
Code:
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

Start Putty,
Click on Telnet
Enter IP address of receiver
Click on Open

See attached picture
View attachment 45838

Once logged on, the default username for most images is "root" in lowercase. There is no password for most images as a default. If yours is different, perform a search on the net.

View attachment 45839

To find IP address on receiver:
Menu > Setup > Network > Device > Adapter settings. (Some images show it in the about page). You can also use the hostname. eg tmnano3t.local

You can save the details to enable quick access if your router assigns the same IP address or you are using a static address

You obviously want to issue a command someone has posted. It is better to paste than type them. This avoids errors.
Copy the command you want, right click on the putty window, paste, press return

Copying output from Putty window:
Highlighting text in putty automatically copies it to your clipboard. You can then post this if required. E.G you are getting a problem and need to post the output/result so others see it.

Some commands:

Show storage devices, filesystem and type
Code:
df -Th

Put enigma to sleep (required before deleting files normally re-written at restart such as epg.dat)
Code:
init 4

Stop Enigma2 and then restart in console mode with debug
Code:
init 4 && ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma2

Stop Enigma2 and then restart in console mode with debug( On PLi, you have to issue as two separate commands)
Code:
init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma2

Stop Enigma2, restart and write debug log to /hdd
(Will still work if you only have a USB stick connected)

Code:
init 4 && enigma2 &> /media/hdd/Enigma2_debug_$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S).log

Set a Pasword
Code:
passwd

List available updates
Code:
opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

Perform an update
Code:
[SIZE=3]init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6[/SIZE]

Remove all channel data and bouquets. Use with caution.
Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

Remove all channel data and bouquets. Use with caution. (For Pure2 and older OpenATV images)
Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv  && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -f  /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

Check who is connected to your receiver.
Code:
netstat

Show your tuner configuration. This will also create a file in /tmp/ called "mytunerconfig.txt" Upload/attach it to your thread if asked to.
Code:
cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt

Flash ViX by command line (by Grog68). This will not create a settings backup.

Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh

Flash OpenATV by command line (by Grog68). This will not create a settings backup.
Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O installatv.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbo698rxconave/installatv.sh?dl=1 && bash installatv.sh
Hi

How can I clear my rootfs so that I can upload a new flash on my H2s please.

root@zgemmah2s:~# df

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

ubi0:rootfs 222144 222136 8 100% /

devtmpfs 156140 4 156136 0% /dev

tmpfs 64 0 64 0% /media

tmpfs 156284 1304 154980 1% /var/volatile

/dev/sda1 14997176 139384 14857792 1% /media/hdd

root@zgemmah2s:~#

Just reflash via USB or by command line depending on what image your wanting
Hi, I cannot flash from USB as I have tied for days with numerous sticks and none will be take the box into update. Also, I can't doe the update via the command line as the rootfs is blocking the USB formatting tool. So I need someone to tell me how I can flush the rootfs

Hi, I cannot flash from USB as I have tied for days with numerous sticks and none will be take the box into update. Also, I can't doe the update via the command line as the rootfs is blocking the USB formatting tool. So I need someone to tell me how I can flush the rootfs
Have your formatted the USB to fat32 and just putting the flash file onto USB and changed force to noforce and using rear USB port with no other USB connected to box

Thanks for the guide, but not sure if I will ever use Putty.
I use OpenWebif or FileZilla and find them quick and easy.

Thanks for the guide, but not sure if I will ever use Putty.
I use OpenWebif or FileZilla and find them quick and easy.
Yes they are.

Filezilla only does file transferring, you cannot issue commands.
How do you issue commands using the Terminal client in OWIF If Enigma2 is not running?

Back