GrogBuild How to use record facility correctly-intant, add timer and autotimer

bmitie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I have the zgemmah.2s with a usb hdd 245gb and a wi fi usb at front. 2 tuners in use. In recording tuners choice is set at disabled. The user have managed to get a blank screen when setting up recordings and even though the banner shows the red R as recording, its blank when viewed on playback.

This is what they want to do. 1. Record a programme while watching it, ie press record and select 1.

2. Open epg and select a prog to record , press red, then by pressing green, = add timer.

3. Open epg select a prog to record, press record and press blue = autotimer/series link.

These progs are on different channels. All looks good until the time comes to playback recordings, apparently one will be blank.

I have set it up just record and all is OK ie I cant get the blank screen. What can they be doing wrong? They are calling back tomorro.

No I dont use that setup I have 2 feeds so each tuner is independent. Its linked to autotimer I think. Thanks for reply.

Can you explain why you have it set that way and are you using autotimer ie series link. Are you using a zgemmah.2s? This is fora friend but they have problems with recording and end up with a blank screen.

I see on another thread you are using loop out, I am not a techie but wonder if this is using up one of your tuners making recording restricted?

I have turned off loop out now. So learning. It did kill one of the tuners when I plugged it in!!:smiley:

if its killed a tuner then it wont work !
not using
using autotimer ie series link
have zgemma in room works ok

Yes recording works but I am using add timer not autotimer. I may try autotimer again tomorro

if your epg is upto date then auto timer should work, I use it all the time. But when you select auto timer, make sure on the screen with options are correct, ie if using it for soaps, you don't want to set a specific day of the week etc

I've been using it most of weekend and cant make it go wrong!!! Only time was when I plugged in a loop feed then lost tuner B but I was expecting that. I have loaded it on a solo2 now and will see if they can muck that up before they take zgemma back!

It has occurred to me is it possible to lose the pop up when you press red button while on epg? And if so what would cause that?

Will the image load an an xtrend10000 that I have lying about?

thanks again

I've been using it most of weekend and cant make it go wrong!!! Only time was when I plugged in a loop feed then lost tuner B but I was expecting that. I have loaded it on a solo2 now and will see if they can muck that up before they take zgemma back!

It has occurred to me is it possible to lose the pop up when you press red button while on epg? And if so what would cause that?

Will the image load an an xtrend10000 that I have lying about?

thanks again
yes it should go on the xtrend.

If you look at the epg and then press the menu button you will see a number of options, scroll down to 'red button' and make sure it is set to 'auto timer'

They are here now, what they were doing was when watching a program they would press the red record button and it would seem to lock the epg would not show it as recording and the yellow banner would stay on that channel. I advised them to use the red button option and use add timer. They want a more expensive box now so they can use the zgemma to learn. I'll try that record now thing on the solo2 later and see if it does the same. Yes red button is correct. I think they are messing ie going too quick.

I have this on the Tiviar plus and I dont know why!! hope you can help, getting grief.

Attachments

• errorIMG_6430.PNG
    errorIMG_6430.PNG
    420.4 KB · Views: 10
I have this on the Tiviar plus and I dont know why!! hope you can help, getting grief.
what is installed on the box? there was/is an issue with the ATV Autotimer, Grogbuild Freerange now installs an older version but not sure if there is a newer version that has been fixed

Its your image on box but I had to get rid of that sky skin so did a restore etc,

Ok I just removed the plugin autotimer, where would I find the version?

Last edited:
when did you flash the box?

There is no ipk for the older autotimer plugin as far as I know. Grogbuild FR now comes with version 4.3.1. the version with issues was 4,3,2. You could look in the downloadable plugin list to see what the latest version is.

I did the box a few days ago, might have been last thursday. Its my OTH's box and the skin was not liked so I had to fix it yesterday. On your image I went in to restore etc and pressed ok. It did a restore and box ended up with skin SWMBO likes BUT when I press OK now I get blank bits on screen, may be missing picons. Is there way I can get those back? I can do a pic but not at the moment.

Back