HP Extended Guarantee Questions?

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
So, for the past couple of days I've exchanged several e-mails with HP customer support (UK). All I seem to be going is in circles, I'm either told to forward my message to a certain contact address (e-mail) or I'm being given different phone numbers, so I thought since I still have quite a while left on my current HP laptops guarantee, that I'll raise my questions here to see if anyone has any answers.

1) So I know that HP's extended guarantee are done through purchase (Care Packs), it also says that some of the Care Packs cover pickupsand drop offs. Does this mean that pick ups/drops off will be done by a paid for courier
? (By HP)

2) I've been told that lets say if you purchase a 2 year care pack (all care packs must be purchased whilst under warranty - my laptop is currently under the 1 year manufacturer warranty) then that will only mean 1 year additional support i.e. your 1 year manufacturer warranty will be considered as part of your 2 year care pack so this only means that you'll get a 1 year additional warranty service and not a unique 2 years?

3) How will I locate my nearest HP service (repair) centre? (laptops that need to be repaired are either directly sent to HP or your nearest certified HP centre)

4) When can you activate a care pack whilst under the 1 year guarantee?

5) Who would I call to arrange a repair for my laptop? (I understand that some issues can be resolved over the phone, I am experienced with OS's so will have no issues with that, but its hardware replacements that are not something I can get around so this is why I'm thinking of purchasing the Care pack). How will HP know where to collect my laptop from? Will I have to end up phoning the courier that HP uses to arrange a delivery? (The reason i'm asking is because with a previous laptop [another manufacturer] my repaired laptop ended up being shipped back to the wrong address and I am not letting that happen again, luckily I knew the person that it was shipped too otherwise I was done for)

I'll be calling HP soon if I dont get anywhere with this, and I'll then be able to update this thread for anyone who might have the same questions ;)

I dont like how these companies can be so ambiguous with Extended Guarantees? Its as if they are not there too look out for you....

Last edited:
Back