Huawei P20 Pro - What Would You Upgrade To?

Openboxcy

Hi,

I have a Huawei P20 Pro at the moment and fancy a new phone, had this a while. I was originally going to go for a P40 Pro but having looked at the limitations of Huawei App Gallery and the hassle of APKs, I've decided against it. So what would you suggest upgrading to? Still want Google Play Store.

I only use my phone for Web browsing, normal day to day app use (music, YouTube, eBay etc) and taking photos really. No gaming or excessive use for social media. Do I just get a 2nd hand P30 Pro, or is there not much point?

As always, thank you for your help

Hi,

I have a Huawei P20 Pro at the moment and fancy a new phone, had this a while. I was originally going to go for a P40 Pro but having looked at the limitations of Huawei App Gallery and the hassle of APKs, I've decided against it. So what would you suggest upgrading to? Still want Google Play Store.

I only use my phone for Web browsing, normal day to day app use (music, YouTube, eBay etc) and taking photos really. No gaming or excessive use for social media. Do I just get a 2nd hand P30 Pro, or is there not much point?

As always, thank you for your help
You cannot go wrong with a Xiaomi or Poco phone.
Buy one you won't look back.

Got to agre with posts above, I've had Huawei and Samsung before getting my Xiaomi 9, charging is rapid and battery lasts three times longer, uses Android 10 so future proof for a good few years.
Also much cheaper than other Android phones of similar spec, I think I only paid around £80 delivered

Thanks everyone for your replies, excellent as always from TechKings.

I've noticed this brand of late but have to be honest and say I know nothing about them. Bit of research required from me to see what model of phone would suit me best in my price range.

Still happy to receive other members advice as well.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies, excellent as always from TechKings.

I've noticed this brand of late but have to be honest and say I know nothing about them. Bit of research required from me to see what model of phone would suit me best in my price range.

Thanks
You can get the mi store application for your phone. always check upcoming sales you will save even more money.

Thanks

OnePlus and Oppo are also makes worth considering along with the above mentioned Xiaomi and Poco. Great value in all those ranges without compromising on quality or functionality.

Been having a look at the Xiaomi phones this afternoon and do like the look of the Redmi Note 10 Pro. If I was to get a Xiaomi phone what's the best way of transferring all data from my Huawei to the new phone. Apps, text messages, contacts etc? Would also be great if it copied over my WhatsApp messages.

Just wondering if any of you guys have transferred everything from Huawei to Xiaomi and how it went?

Thanks again.

Mine just transferred contacts and everything over when I put my google login in.
Whatsapp restored everything when I entered the phone number into it.

Not entirely sure about normal text messages. I'm sure I've seen third party apps that back everything up.

A quick google found SMS Backup & Restore and a little visit to 1337x found a cracked pro version.

Been having a look at the Xiaomi phones this afternoon and do like the look of the Redmi Note 10 Pro. If I was to get a Xiaomi phone what's the best way of transferring all data from my Huawei to the new phone. Apps, text messages, contacts etc? Would also be great if it copied over my WhatsApp messages.

Just wondering if any of you guys have transferred everything from Huawei to Xiaomi and how it went?

Thanks again.
You can use the mi mover application to move everything between phones.

Or you can install phone clone what’s on huawei and it clone your new phone and send stuff over that way as that is what I did when moving from android to ios.
Have a look on YouTube I can't remember the guys name but he's done a lot of reviews and in depth specs on xiaomi poco one+ ect

Got to agre with posts above, I've had Huawei and Samsung before getting my Xiaomi 9, charging is rapid and battery lasts three times longer, uses Android 10 so future proof for a good few years.
Also much cheaper than other Android phones of similar spec, I think I only paid around £80 delivered
£80 delivered? wow great price

Just a heads up in case anyone is thinking of getting a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (128/6GB). Just ordered one there and they are down to £234 with free delivery.

Looks like they have money off most stuff.

Just a heads up in case anyone is thinking of getting a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (128/6GB). Just ordered one there and they are down to £234 with free delivery.

Looks like they have money off most stuff.
I was looking on their store yesterday I ditched my iPhone 12 to go back to android but I've got the Redmi note 10 5g although I may get that one and use this one as a burner phone🤣🤣

Back