Huw Edwards named as BBC presenter accused of paying teen for explicit pictures

Paying 35k+ then going to papers/feds sounds like a money scam scheme to me also reported it months ago but was still allowed to broadcast news etc really!!! Schofield didn’t even get to keep his job something downy sit right to me with it

I tell you what's obscene - the amount of money he allegedly paid the lad for photos. £35k could have bought him a live in rent boy.

A bit hypocritical of The S*n running the story highlighting that he allegedly paid a 17 year old for illicit photos. I can remember that newspaper showing 15 year old girls dressed in lingerie on page 3 with a countdown to their 16th birthday when they'd be paid to pose topless.

Got sympathy for the presenters wife and family, always worse when the eyes of a nation are watching someone's indiscretions unfold, and that poor family also had the indignity of seeing their ol' man with his kecks round his ankles on social media.

Another nail in the coffin to trust the BBC. They've had a bad run and they keep ignoring it until it's too late.

Screenshot_20230713_075722_Twitter.jpg

I saw this photo 5 days ago. It wasn't hard to find out who it was but we don't need the hassle here until it's confirmed.

Has he committed a crime? The police don't think so, but it's it okay for someone in his position to use his public licence funded wage to take advantage of a drug dependant young "person"?... is it bollocks. I can't believe people are defending him. Then for him to use mental health as a reason for his actions is laughable.

Haven't paid the BBC a penny for 10 years.

Haven't paid the BBC a penny for 10 years.

I've got a 65" tv on the wall that can be seen from the window next to the front door, if the licencing people came knocking they'd see it otherwise I'd definitely stop paying. Can't believe it's still public funded in this day and age, should be made to stand on it's own two feet.

About 13 years for me, the begging letters stopped about three years ago.
The fact they can see the TV is irrelevant, you don't need a license for YouTube or Netflix.

Back