Hyundai e420d not switching on. Can anybody help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Can anybody point me in the direction of a TV expert. Last night, after my partner and i put my daughters TV on her wall, i tried to switch on the TV but it wouldn't switch on.
I tried a different power lead that i know works but to no avail. It was working fine an hour before.
The TV in question is a Hyundai E420D. When i push the lead into the socket on the TV, i can hear a very quiet click but the standby light no longer comes on. The click sound was much louder when the TV worked.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I'd just like to add that the TV wasn't dropped or banged or anything as we were taking off the stand to mount it on the wall.
Thanks for reading.

3 threads on the one topic? anyone in a hurry? this will only pi$$ the mods off, not get you a quicker answer.
it does sound like the tv might have gotten a bang while moving (I know you say it didn't). are you sure that the other lead works? have you tried to plug something else (a lamp, maybe) into the same socket? After that, it is a matter of opening up the TV, is the plug for the lead loose, did it get pushed away from the solder when the cable was plugged in. there are sometimes fuses on the motherboard of the TV, maybe one of them has blown.

thanks wheelo. and i'm sorry about the 3 threads. ididn't realise they would all show up on the same page. So if i am apologising to the wrong person (or 'mod',then could you please passmy apology on.
Anyway, as for the TV, i have tried different leads into the same 4 way adapter, which are all ok. I have a feeling that when we lifted the tv off the stand, the TV may have been put down on the power cord, and damaged the socket or blown a fuse in the TV itself. We must have done the damage getting it off of its stand. Thank you for reading my thread and advising me about the rules of the site.
I have give the inside of the TV a good blowout and cleared all the dust, fluff and cobwebs, and it looks like new inside.
Only problem is, i don't know where to look for any problems, except around and abouts the power inlet socket on the TV.
Thanks again for reading about my issue and your advice

---------- Post Merged at 06:22 PM ----------

I am now thinking Wheelo may be right. and we could of rested the TV on the power cable, which has, as a result, pushed the socket off one of the solders in some way. The TV is in pieces in my daughters room so i am praying for a fix before her bed time, as the TV is on her bed face down with the back and speakers off, and the screws are mapped out on the floor as they were in the TV.
I'll just keep my fingers crossed in case somebody posts a fix before i have to call it a day.
ps is this the correct section for this type of topic (so i don't make the same mistake again. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back