I have a Satellite but I also have a TV Ariel. Which would be cheaper to use after Electricity increase.

Billy315

TK Supporter
Electricity save?

I tape using my satellite. should I use this all the time for watching normal programs.
Should I switch to tv Ariel.
Which of the two is cheapest to use

I wonder how much electricity was used in asking this question.

You could get a smart plug and monitor the energy usage of watching satellite via your receiver against watching freeview via your TV.

What if his TV has built in freesat and freeview - he has each cable plugged into the TV and no STB in the equation? :)

Which one is likely to draw more power? :)

Looking at previous posts, OP is connecting his PC to the LG.

I would stop doing that and stream from the phone instead.

Fyi, looks like you have a gigablue ue 4k. Max power consumption on that is 60W. Assuming a super duper high electricity price of 50p/kwh, it would cost 3p per hour to run at max power usage.

My guess is power consumption is probably around 20W for normal usage (non-recording to a hard drive) and an electricity cost of say 30p/kwh. Thus, hourly running costs are 0.6p

Fyi, looks like you have a gigablue ue 4k. Max power consumption on that is 60W. Assuming a super duper high electricity price of 50p/kwh, it would cost 3p per hour to run at max power usage.

My guess is power consumption is probably around 20W for normal usage (non-recording to a hard drive) and an electricity cost of say 30p/kwh. Thus, hourly running costs are 0.6p
Man that's fekking expensive 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Which is cheapest my Gigablue all day or use Ariel TV with freeview?

Yes because as electricity and gas gets more expensive, it wears the meter and pipes out much quicker so the standing charges need to rise :cautious:

To be fair the price rises are quite scary. My fixed price tariff just ended and currently on standard tariff, I looked on price comparison sites and was looking at 3 THOUSAND a year. I'll stick with the price cap for now.

We got a nest controller, so lowered temps at different times of day, and locked it so ,you can't put it above 21c.

Back