I think my box is dead...

tim89

Hi everyone! Not posted for ages! Sorry for the long post, and any mistakes as I am on mobile.

I've not used my zgemma for a few months, but decided to renew my IPTV sub. I was having issues getting any channels to work, so my supplier suggested updating my box (I was on Wooshbuild v5). I downloaded the latest, but couldn't get it to flash. I tried manually flashing through the menus on the box, but got an error about not having enough memory .

So I decided to factory reset my box .And this is where is all went wrong. After wiping the box, it started to boot again and shows the Wooshbuild logo. I would then get a blue screen saying there were errors and the box would reboot. When rebooting it started from 50%. It was stuck in this loop.

I switched the box off and this time inserted my usb into the back. Issue is due to the size of the stick I cannot have the hdmi cable in at the same time. However it did display flash on the screen, and after a few seconds this changed to boot . But then nothing...

I tried again and again with no success . I even downloaded the stock files from the zgemma website to no avail .

Is the box dead? Is there any hope of fixing this?!

I would say it's more down to the USB your trying to flash with.. Try using a 8-16gb usb stick and make sure this is formatted to fat32 before attempting to place the files onto the usb.

Try Openatv nightly stock image and extract the file onto the usb once formatted.

I think I need to get a new usb pen. The one I was using can now no longer be seen by my laptop.

Are there any in particular you would recommend? I don't want to spend a fortune, as I will only use it to flash my box .thanks!

Thank you. I take it there is no equivalent for Mac is there? Times like these I regret having a Mac!

ideally your supplier should help you with a backup image of the image ready to configure............

i would think if you get box to format usb stick might it put it back to fat32 status to use on pc but it will be a blank one?

I followed the steps for the Mac previously and it was working. However when I plug the stick in the Mac no longer sees it. There is also a light that usually comes on the stick, but no longer does. A friend has a spare one I can borrow

Back