If money was no object, what box would you get?

JayR962

Hello, I have been reading posts on Facebook group pages about kodi and seen some people mention sat boxes. I am new to all this so for fun, I am wondering if money was no object, what box would you buy and why? What makes that box stand out and what can you do with it. For example, can you put kodi on? Can you add external devices? Why that box?

Thanks everyone

Can you put a sky subscription card in another box? A better box that lets you have kodi on plus other things?

To be honest i wouldn't swap my Amiko A3 for any box around. Satellite receiver and full on android system too.
Got everything i could need on it, kodi, email, games, twitter, web browser etc etc.
Remote control has voice recognition & 'game mode' turn the remote on its side and use it as a joypad for games.
Headphone socket in the remote so when i plug the headphones in the remote it mutes the TV.
Rechargeable so never have to worry about batteries.
Slot underneath that i have a 1tb 2.5 hdd in. Cost me £159 and i love the thing.
Only 'downside' is it is single tuner. I don't see it as a downside though as i don't record much TV and the few things on TV i'd maybe like to record can normally be found in kodi
within hours of broadcast anyway.

Bought a zgemma star 2s yesterday for my parents for less than £70 too and that's a cracking little box.
More expensive doesn't always mean better.

I like the sound of the amiko a3 as it lets you use it for so much more than just a sat box. I've heard good things about the vu duo+2 too. I'm not clued up on setting them up though.

i love the thing. Its small, looks the part and even just picking the box up you can feel its well built.

i love the thing. Its small, looks the part and even just picking the box up you can feel its well built.
Do they make a twin tuner version ?
full on android ? You can add iptv via simple tv and integrate epg with ivue etc ?

full on android ? You can add iptv via simple tv and integrate epg with ivue etc ?

NO mate just single tuner, not an issue for me though it may be for some.
You mean the iptv simple pvr client? To be honest mate i don't know, i've never tried ivue with that.
I have however until recently had ivue running perfectly with iptv stalker.
When iptv stalker ditched the free service a week or so ago though i uninstalled both.
I'm using the simple pvr client now with an m3u list with about 1500 channels, if i think on i'll reinstall ivue and see if i can set it up.

Update, got iptv stalker back for free dont know for how long. if anybody is interested how.
Reinstall iptv stalker select custom mac address enter this mac 00:1a:79:12:34:56
close the addon then repoen it should work straight away. if it doesnt click through to nfps and clear cache.
exit then restart the addon. enjoy it while it lasts.

Thanks, I'll try it on kodi.

Where is a good place to buy amiko a3 and did you buy yours already set up with a cline on etc?

NO mate just single tuner, not an issue for me though it may be for some.
You mean the iptv simple pvr client? To be honest mate i don't know, i've never tried ivue with that.
I have however until recently had ivue running perfectly with iptv stalker.
When iptv stalker ditched the free service a week or so ago though i uninstalled both.
I'm using the simple pvr client now with an m3u list with about 1500 channels, if i think on i'll reinstall ivue and see if i can set it up.
if you figure that out marcus please let me know, i have been chewing on all day trying to get ivue to select streams from an m3u list i have in playlist loader , cannot figure out how to set it up?

if you figure that out marcus please let me know, i have been chewing on all day trying to get ivue to select streams from an m3u list i have in playlist loader , cannot figure out how to set it up?
Figured out how to use ivue with an m3u list in playlist loader, sort of. lol
Tried all sorts and the only way i could get it to work was the slow tedious way.
Open your m3u channel list and one by one add each channel to favourites.
Then open ivue and channel by channel use the choose stream option. Navigate to favourites and select the corresponding channel.
It works but as i said its tedious. Hope this helps.

Hi is all this inside of kodi using the ivue addon? I'm new to sat boxes so not sure if you can use m3u and ivue any other way.

Tried all sorts and the only way i could get it to work was the slow tedious way.
Then open ivue and channel by channel use the choose stream option. Navigate to favourites and select the corresponding channel.
do me a ffavour mate , check you links in favourites a fter 12 hrs , i did what you did and added the sports links from my m3unlistbin loader to favourites ( there is a PL favourites option as well but mine doesnt work ) when i tried to use em this morning the links in favourites dint open anymore ? If i re add a link now it works ? S for some reason favourites is saving links but they only work for shortbtime ?

---------- Post Merged at 07:21 AM ----------

do me a ffavour mate , check you links in favourites a fter 12 hrs , i did what you did and added the sports links from my m3unlistbin loader to favourites ( there is a PL favourites option as well but mine doesnt work ) when i tried to use em this morning the links in favourites dint open anymore ? If i re add a link now it works ? S for some reason favourites is saving links but they only work for shortbtime ?

---------- Post Merged at 07:21 AM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 AM ----------

Back