illegal TV message on VU+ Duo2

steddyman

I am using a VU+ Duo2 today and a CCCAM server. Today when I switched my TV on my VU+ was sat there with a message box on screen saying that I was illegally accessing TV services and that my IP and been recorded and reported to the police.

This was sat watching ITV HD when it was switched on. Has anyone else seen this or even understand how this box could be made to natively display on my VU+?

I am in the UK.

You can send messages to your screen from the webif

if you put the local ip url you would be able to do it from your home network

if you have a port forwarded in the webif settings then anyone can access your box webif using external ip

The Webif port is enabled and presented externally. Is it likely somebody would have gone to that trouble?

This clearly looked like an internal system dialog. Nobody I know will have my IP details so this had to be somebody intentionally targeting sat users.

Your sub provider will be able to see your ip

if you have vu control center on pc

telnet the box
and
Type 'passwd'
it will
ll ask you for a password

Once set anyone accessing the webif will need to enter the password

---------- Post Merged at 08:55 PM ----------

What dod the message look like?
pm me your ip i will send a message to the box ? You can then see if its the same

Somebody winding you up most probably....just had a warning myself, nearly fell off the sofa lol

tut tut.jpg

be aware i can do this too lol

Attachments

• 1_0_1_1B62_7DA_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    1_0_1_1B62_7DA_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Emm.. thanks guys.

I closed the Webif port externally on my router. I have no need to access it remotely and only set it up for a test.

Will see if it ever recurs. Like I said nobody knows I am using this box and nobody could no my IP so this isn't a friend winding me up.

Suspect it is some nefarious effort by Sky to scare people.

This definitely isn't somebody I know.

Suspect this is Sky hiring hackers or some other body port scanning and probing to find WEBIF servers that are open to send the messages.

Back