Immediate boot up image

moxi1

Could someone tell me how to change the open ATV image that displays whilst the box says boot on the display screen (just before it goes in to count up/loading).

Have looked through everything ftp client to find and change it.

The thread above details are research into this... but to summarise.

The only way to change this screen is while flashing your box with a new image or backup image as it's loaded in with the flash. You can't just change a file via FTP.

This screen is called splash.bin as mentioned by dsayer.

The splash.bin is actually a bmp file that has been renamed as .bin.

The only file dimensions that work for this are 720px x 576px. This is the wrong aspect ratio for current sat boxes. So if you design an image this size it will be stretched when loaded.
Therefore create a standard size image say 1280x720 and then resize it to 720px x 576px so it looks squashed.

Save it as splash.bmp (24 bit). Rename splash.bin and add it to your SH1 folder on your image/backup image.

Then reflash your box with this image.

Actually just to disagree slightly with being able to only flash the splash.bin file with an image. This isn't entirely true. You can just load the splash.bin file on the usb drive and flash that way. I did it with mine.

---------- Post Merged at 08:04 PM ----------

Kiddac. How did sucumnsee get his splash in such a high resolution then?

wivelden are you saying just but splash.bin on root of usb and insert? I need to get rid of this snowy hut scene I put on when I as testing. ha ha.
Sucmnsees splash.bin image is huge. 2560x1600. I have only ever used sucmnsees backup once about 6 months ago. Are you sure this image actually loads and doesn't actually fail.
Or maybe it has to be the same aspect ration as 720x576. I will have a play this weekend and report back my findings.

Last edited:
Sucmnsee's splash.bin file doesn't show that's why I use it on my backup to overwrite the vix splash screen it just shows a blank screen till 12

Sucmnsee's splash.bin file doesn't show that's why I use it on my backup to overwrite the vix splash screen it just shows a blank screen till 12

well I know sucmnsee reads my posts, so expect the inclusion of the alien head splash at the right size in later builds. ;)

I already have the one that shows nothing for my builds. I need to get round to doing my own but I'm not that good at graphics

---------- Post Merged at 12:01 PM ----------

Just a quick question I have chosen an image saved it as splash.bmp I go to rename but it doesn't let me change the .bmp to bin how can I change it?

Er... Same as any other Windows file. Right click and rename. The only reason it will fail if its open somewhere

i have saved the jpg to desktop opened in paint saved as splash.bmp then clicked rename but it doesn't show .bmp to rename .bin it just shows splash

---------- Post Merged at 01:28 PM ----------

Screenshot (61).png

---------- Post Merged at 01:59 PM ----------

sorted if anyone has this issue go to control, panel file explorer options, untick hide extensions for known file types ill have to wait till later to flash the file

---------- Post Merged at 02:23 PM ----------

I've tried to flash the splash.bin but it didn't work I'll do a backup and add the file and flash it that way

Back