Impact wrench

sash1

Hi Guys. Having been a mechanic in a previous life and used compressed air tools before the days of cordless I need some advice. I’ve got a job to do on my Mazda that I’d rather have an impact wrench to do. I’m not looking to spend a fortune as I’ll only use it once in a while, so can anyone recommend one to me. Preferably 1/2 drive. Preferably cordless but would consider corded if it’s good. Cheers

What size are the Lidl ones
But hear good stuff about their tools

But it is it on stock another question lol

Make sure you check the torque of the driver. The higher the torque the stronger it is but the price goes up the higher the torque.

Would go for Lidl or Aldi but nothing showing at the moment. I’ve got access to makita batteries so could get the cheapest bare unit but it 3/8 drive so not sure if it’s powerful enough

I know but works slightly different. An impact driver hammers backwards and forwards where as a wrench hammers in a rotational direction for undoing nuts and bolts. It will work to a certain extent but won’t undo tight bolts.

I know but works slightly different. An impact driver hammers backwards and forwards where as a wrench hammers in a rotational direction for undoing nuts and bolts. It will work to a certain extent but won’t undo tight bolts.
An impact driver hammers rotational, you're thinking of an impact drill.
I took the hub nuts off my Citroen relay using a Milwaukee impact driver and a 1/2" adaptor to fit a 36mm socket on it.

Ah ok I didn’t know that. I’ll have a look. If it’s strong enough to undo wheel nuts it will do for me.

Back