in car tv & sv4

mkwabbey

im going to be getting a new tv with the car from fleabay it has a usb slot wat i want to know if i record say the muic channel on my sv4 could i take the usb stick out and put it into the car.
any help would be gratful thanks mk
the fleabay item number is 110389880884 just incase ya need any info on it

Hi
I was aking the same kind of question about this a while ago and from what i gathered if the system you are getting has a usb reader then it show play it .Ihad alook at your item and it does so all should work .If your in doubt ask the seller or is it to late hope this helps:)

thanks for the reply . no its not too late havnt bid for any yet if this works tho i will get one with a usb slot. any other replies would be appricated thanks

Just looked at it seems like a nice piece of kit,but unfortunately i dont know the answer to your question,although as thetom posted below if it has a usb reader then maybe it will work.

there a good job alrite i have a freeveiw box set ip in the car at the minute but i droped my current one while puttin it into my new car still works but has to b pulled out manually +i want gps on my new one:)

there a good job alrite i have a freeveiw box set ip in the car at the minute but i droped my current one while puttin it into my new car still works but has to b pulled out manually +i want gps on my new one:)

you can put sat in a car?

yeah i hav a small freeview box in the glove box and theres a small taxi like aerial on the roof. i got it from the same place i got my tv think it was £40 delivered

lol lol lol ok, ok, ok, hold the phone, can anyone confirm if this is available in the states?

i had a look there it seems the states use ATSC .
is this a type of freeview in the states?

not that i am aware of, we basically only have 3 companies, dish network, direct tv, and hughes net (hughes net is not a big one). i have a friend who keeps up with the scene, we used to have card readers, and we would have to write over the card every 2-3 weeks. now it is basically having to go through and update the firmware. you also have to have a certin type of dish. anyway thats about all i know, but i would deffiantly get back into it if i could put one in my car. and in the states we call it FTA or free-to-air. oh yes i almost forgot to metiona you have to have an FTA reciever in the states as well.

were i live you buy a set top box and plug it into the tv areial on your roof so u can pick up the FTA channels i get about 40 . so the in car one i have works the same way in can be wired to the battery or plug it into the cigarette lighter then the areail on the roof of the car only probly some areas like housing estates dont get this receiption and you loose signal but well worth it

were i live you buy a set top box and plug it into the tv areial on your roof so u can pick up the FTA channels i get about 40 . so the in car one i have works the same way in can be wired to the battery or plug it into the cigarette lighter then the areail on the roof of the car only probly some areas like housing estates dont get this receiption and you loose signal but well worth it

could you show me a picture of your terms of a set top box?

hi mkwabbey
I presume the fv only works when stopped .I have a dropdown dvd /tv in my car for the kids and can get all home channels prefect when stopped .what is the reception like with the fv . thanks

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

type this item number into your ebay search bar this is the one i have in my car 290268921616

hi mkwabbey are you sure thats the right number i am getting something different:)

SV4 on USB

im going to be getting a new tv with the car from fleabay it has a usb slot wat i want to know if i record say the muic channel on my sv4 could i take the usb stick out and put it into the car.
any help would be gratful thanks mk
the fleabay item number is 110389880884 just incase ya need any info on it

Folks,
Just going back to the original question. The SV4 files are not in the usual AVI or Divx format. They require a special player (available online) to play them on the PC. Unless there is a convertor to convert these to AVI, MPEG4 or Divx then you will not be able to play them on your in-car system.
MMDS

hi mkwabbey
I presume the fv only works when stopped .I have a dropdown dvd /tv in my car for the kids and can get all home channels prefect when stopped .what is the reception like with the fv . thanks

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

hi mkwabbey are you sure thats the right number i am getting something different:)

yeah just tryed it there copy and paste

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Folks,
Just going back to the original question. The SV4 files are not in the usual AVI or Divx format. They require a special player (available online) to play them on the PC. Unless there is a convertor to convert these to AVI, MPEG4 or Divx then you will not be able to play them on your in-car system.
MMDS

hi MMDS thanks for the reply have you any idea were i could check to see if these converters are available .thanks mk

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

hi mkwabbey

for a month or two after i got the tv i used the areal provided just had it on the parcel shelf wasnt good reception unless ya moved it about but once i got the freeveiw box far better dosent go fussy are any thing think its cause its digital wen ya go over 70 it loses a signal strength but well worth it. i see the price has went up abit scince a got mine and its 25 delivery i got mine delivered for a tenner

Back