increase acer aspire disc space

sinno

VIP Member
hi all
i have a acer aspire 5315,
its a nice little one,but nearly non existing drive space on c and d,im 6gb short for a full version of windows 7 at the moment,can i swap out the drive for a much larger one,any help much appreciated(y)

i dont understand this
6gb short for a full version of windows 7

I think he means, his D Drive, has probably 10GB of space available hence the shortage of 6GB (16GB required for Windows 7 install). But i stand corrected, not to sure myself.

not really a hard swicth

The Acer Aspire 5315 is designed for price conscious consumers looking for a fully featured entertainment notebook. The power efficient Celeron-M 530 gives you the processing capability you need for day to day computing tasks; email, internet, and digital entertainment.

With the Aspire 5315 you can take your digital world with you as wireless networking is included as standard. With up to 2 hours battery life you dont have to constantly worry about finding power either.

Complete with additional integrated features including a webcam and DVD rewriter, this laptop represents excellent value for money!

Processor (CPU): Intel Celeron-M 530 1.73GHz
Memory (RAM): 1GB DDR2 533MHz
Hard Drive: 120GB Serial ATA 5400rpm
Screen: 15.4" Widescreen TFT (1280x800)
Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi Double Layer
Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Wireless Networking: 802.11b/g
Wired Networking: Fast Ethernet
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Card Reader: No
USB Ports: 3 x Hi-Speed USB
Firewire: No
Bluetooth: No
Camera: Yes
Battery Life (Depending on Use): 2 Hours
Weight: 2.8 Kg
Warranty: 1 Year

hi all
i have a acer aspire 5315,
its a nice little one,but nearly non existing drive space on c and d,im 6gb short for a full version of windows 7 at the moment,can i swap out the drive for a much larger one,any help much appreciated(y)

How`re ye Sinno.
if you are upgrading to windows 7 i think you would be better off buying an external hard drive and transferring all your files (i.e movies,music,pics and docs) from c + d on to it.
you will then have plenty of space to install windows without removing your hard drive or even opening the back of your laptop and also have the added advantage of having all your files backed up.

the problem is i only have 30 gb 0n c and 30 gb 0n d of space,it came with vista and now has windows 7 release candidate ultimate,a mate of mine tried to remove vista but couldnt so i think it was partioned,hence the low disk space,i couldnt put a cold on it without losing space,it is primarly used for watching sopcast and browsing,but i would like some additional space for some storage,i appreciate the help guys(y)

Hi all,
thanks for the replies
Here is what i am trying to do,if i back up my windows 7 release candidate to disk,buy a 120gb drive for the acer, put in the new drive and reinstall the windows 7 and have all the drive space available,is this possible(y)

Why don't you just unpartition what you've got and join them then you have a 60g drive?

That would be a lot easier but in answer to your original question, yes that should be fairly straight forward.

Back