Indiset / Hotpoint Fridge Freezers

bees

VIP Member
So here we go again !!!

Just been fitting a new kitchen, and while I was at it ordered all new appliances
new washer, dryer, oven, hob etc etc and f@cking Fridge Freezer !!!!

Fitted the appliances about a week ago, Fridge freezer sqeekes all day and all night, thought it might settle down as it's been moved up some stairs, it didn't .

Engineer came out today and called it a "tick tack noise"
said its perfectly normal and it is operating fine.

He told me it's the refrigeration gas running through the system and they all do it.

I asked how does a company get away with selling an item which has an obvious fault ?

I have had loads of Frige Freezers and never had one which makes that sort of noise "as normal".

He told me they describe it in the manual. Sure enough they do.

He said he would never have a Fridge Freezer from his company.

Hoping to get it exchanged for a different make and model, but it's been stored in the garage for over a month while I fitted the kitchen so it's past it's 30 day returns policy !!!! :quiet::quiet::poop::poop::poop::poop:

When i got my kitchen upgrade i got a HOTPOINT fridge/freezer and the fridge kept my milk warm,got it replaced with another one and its a bit better but no ice cold milk or drinks.Previous model was bosch fridge stand alone with cold drinks and milk..
Now i know the term frost free as its hot running.

My Hotpoint is the opposite, it has a drawer in the fridge for chilled meats/salads, supposed to keep them at the right temperature. Problem is, no matter how much I adjust the temperature of the fridge it freezes them solid. Take it out of this magic drawer and it's fine.

Didn't realise Indiset and Hotpoint where the same company, like Currys and PC World, would never have ordered
from them, had a washing machine from them once, it was a pile of sh@te
and now I'm just waiting for the rest of the appliances to F@ck up !!!

I have a beko fridge freezer what makes the exact same noise as what yours does but I found it happend when I turned temperature up would never trust indiset or hot point had a couple of bad experiences with them items on recall

i went for quality ones for other item like hob and oven from miele as were on special sale,and cheap micro above oven in press.
One thing i learned not to buy overhead presses with outward doors as they make a lovely gash on head when left open,all my presses have upward movement much safer.

Indiset and Hotpoint seem to be getting a lot of bad reports this last few years, we got a deal last year on a Beko cooker, washing machine and dryer and touch wood they have been trouble free, we have had a Bush fridge and a seperate chest freezer for a few years now and very happy with them, worst about Indiset and Hot point getting lots of bad press is their prices are still very expensive.

Did Hotpoint have an issue with there tumble dryers catching fire on there new Heat pump tumble dryers?

Zanussi here Fridge freezer Local shop, Perfect, 20+ years old likes a thermostat occasionally, easy to fit from th e bay.
Sometimes you just get one that has shite parts or poorly assembled. I do favour sending things back that are not up to the job.

Back