Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV

dt99

TK Veteran
I'm trying to install Kodi onto an Amazon Fire TV box, the original version and I just can't get it to install. Has this now been blocked by Amazon or something? Someone has given me their box to install it for them.

ADB debugging and allow installation of unknown sources are switched on.

I have tried Downloader, ADBFire on my laptop, Apps2Fire from my phone and none of them are installing it.

Downloader just does nothing.
ADBFire wont even connect to the box.
Apps2Fire just says installing and never actually installs.

Try going to kodi.tv and installing from the downloads section on their. There are various versions to download the stick I had required 32bit version seemed to be the only way I could get it to install properly without errors.

Already tried that, but I cant scroll down the page to get to the downloads section. I have also tried to install Mouse Toggle, so that I can make the remote work like a mouse and I cant get that to install either.

Well, the factory reset seems to have sorted it. Kodi is now installed. Thanks for the help, I just thought that Amazon had someone how blocked 3rd party app installs. No idea what the problem was, but the reset definitely sorted something.

ADBlink just wont connect to the box, I'm just re-setting the box now. I just tested ADBlink with my own Firestick and that connects fine.
You are giving the fire tv a name on adb link and got the right ip address and made sure unknown developer options and the other thing is turned on so it will connect

Cheers guys, it's all working now after the factory reset. I did nothing different, ADB was all setup correctly. Durex Build installed and I'm now watching the Greatest Showman just to test it's all working, I think I must be going soft in my old age, but it's actually a really good film and I usually cant stand musicals.

I think I need some beers while watching it to feel more like a man again.....ha ha.

Cheers guys, it's all working now after the factory reset. I did nothing different, ADB was all setup correctly. Durex Build installed and I'm now watching the Greatest Showman just to test it's all working, I think I must be going soft in my old age, but it's actually a really good film and I usually cant stand musicals.

I think I need some beers while watching it to feel more like a man again.....ha ha.
Best build around at moment durex build

Glad you got sorted @dt99 I have been championing the durex build for quite a while seems to be kept up to date and it's designed for use on devices with low storage which is nice. Hopefully the dev will stick with it and from my years XBMC/Kodi usage I know even the most dedicated of dev's just dissappear overnight but fingers crossed.

Back