ET8500 QUAD TUNER Installing IPTV CHANNELS in Xtrend 8500 or other Enigma 2 receivers

skronk

Hi,

I am sure a few here would be interested in how to do this.:gossip:

Take, for instance, SALTS or Navi-X. I can load then into Kodi no problem on PC, but how do I get them into Kodidirect on the box ???

Regards

Still don't think Kodi will be worth it on this but I could be wrong

bangord30,

I have Kodi / Wookie on Venz 3 Box and its great. The box (I think) is much less powerful than Xtrend, so got to give it a try.
If it flops then so be it...:eyes:

i think kodi and kodidirect are not compatible on e2 boxes,kodidirect is the slimmer version,make sure you on the latest update and addons as new streams come online.think fusion had a few posts a while ago with xbmc and e2 boxes and setting up ?

forgot to add tsmedia into the setup from plugins feed also as that has iptv.

Using kodi direct on Xtrend...only offers
Exit
Exodus
Youtube

on menu....no Kodi opening screen. I want to know how to add content to these 3 offerings ?

Thanks

Spoke to a lad offering a 24 hour trial, but using Telnet / Putty. I have never used them so that was out. I have always FTP'd. Anyone know of Tut for Telnet or Putty ?

That will be iptv, you telnet over and sets up custom bouquets for all the iptv channels you have to pay a sub but the streams are way better than the one on kodi and the net

Yes gibbletts, you are correct. I just don't know how to Telnet or Putty in DCC.....or anywhere else for that matter..:(

Download Putty then! Connect with the box. The script he send you copy and paste it in the command line and hit enter. Reboot and you Wil see the bouquet

Appears it certainly is not...:boo:

Open putty
Insert IP
Insert password
Copy/paste script into small black window.

Nothing else offered. What happens next ????

Back