internet ex 8

hadmad

VIP Member
Internet Explorer 8

has anybody tryed it yet i download it in updates this morning looks ok lets us know what you think

Last edited:
I've been testing it through Beta stages & installed the first full release too.

Had no problems with it whatsoever until last Monday. For no apparent reason all shortcuts/links began to take ages to open & I couldn't find why.

I eventually rolled back to IE7 & it sorted it.

Not sure what happened to IE8 but it was definitely the cause.

I'm re-installing a fresh copy now just to see how it behaves...

-

Hi all

Haven't gotten the chance to use IE8 yet, but from what I've heard...

IE8
- is slower than IE7.
- has better security and protection.
- still has issues and compatibility conflicts,

which is why I am not going to switch over to it anytime soon. At least for now...

Best Regards :grin:

Yeah, Dvd Shrink would become unresponsive in Re-author as well as just randomly. I think there's a fix for it, but i never pursued it.

Yeah, Dvd Shrink would become unresponsive in Re-author as well as just randomly. I think there's a fix for it, but i never pursued it.

I know that one of the DLL's in the IE8 Beta was causing the Re-author crash in Shrink but I believe it was corrected by MS in the full release. You can be sure though that if MS fixed it, it was other reasons LOL!

-

iv tryed it now for 24hours and its crap very very slow not recomanded

thanks for replys all never had any probs with dvd shrink so they must of fixed that

using it myself the last week or so, find it no different really only when i close a tab i get a message saying explorer has stopped working popping up now and then, time will tell i suppose

could maybe try to reinstall it, ill report anything that happens with it, not gloating about it or anything but im always up for trying out something, if it works ill stick to it til it fails!

tryed reinstall still the same im going to install it on a m/c not on my network and see how it is

Oh no... I've succumbed to temptation and downloaded IE8. :grin: And what's more, I'm loving it.

While the installation through Microsoft Update of IE8 was flawless and smooth (much more so than IE7), a quick restart made IE8 ready to use. Upon starting IE8 for the first time, I was expecting some rigorous configuration session, but IE8 offers an express way out, configuring itself for me, and I simply tweaked unwanted settings. Interface changes are few, but IE8 now offers colored tabs, which although may initially be hard to get used to, may prove to be quite useful.

Oh, and the speed!! IE8 is undoubtedly faster than IE7. Whether it comes to loading tabs, webpages, or the application itself, IE8 is definitely one notch up.

Note!!! If you have installed Spybot or SpywareBlaster, be sure to download this patch before installing IE8, or else IE8 would be slow slow slow.
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf

Edit: Oh yeah... I forgot to add that IE8 now uses multiple iexplore.exe for crash protection, so even though only one Internet Explorer window is open, there could be multiple iexplore.exe in the Task Manager. This could become a problem since Internet Explorer can take up to 50-60 mb of RAM, and two to three iexplore.exe with 50 mb RAM each is not a small joke. However, this is easily remedied with CleanMem, which is mentioned here: http://www.techkings.org/showpost.php?p=670&postcount=1

Best Regards :grin:

Last edited:
thanks will try that now

install that pacth and its runing a lot faster so going to stay it with and see how it goes thanks d4rkn1ght it done the trick

Last edited:
Back