Internet speed test from Amazon Fire 4K

Bigyinuk

Hi all

Just done a couple of speed tests from my Amazon Fire 4K both WiFi and wired, and the results are completely different to what I'm getting when I test from my Mac and from my phone (Ookla test) - much slower.

Anyone recommend a speed test that will run on the Fire and give a more accurate result?

BTW Wifi *is* slightly slower than wired (as expected i suppose).

Tx

I have used this before it tends to give an accurate result.but you need a browser on your firestick or use the browser option in downloader and its www.fast.com

That one seems to show a bit lower than I see with Ookla on my phone and Which's speed test on my Mac.

I did find analiti on the Amazon store and that seems to agree with Ookla and Which. How accurate they are is hard to know.

I loose about 10 percent using the Wifi on the Fire but it makes no difference on the Mac whether its hard wire or Wifi - That's a bit strange tbh

Remember speeds will vary accross devices not only due to wifi/lan but also due to different network/wifi cards and aerials. One thing I notice that people overlook is power being supplied (if its powered from USB then current available differs with slots, power supplies wattage can vary etc)

Just some food for thought

Agreed when powered via USB in TV always get message not enough power put into phone charger plug seems to run a lot better power wise

Back