Internet speed

Afternoon guys I'm looking for abit of help.
I good h2s running on home plugs when I run a speed test im getting about 5mbits/s
But if I run speed test on my network over wifi im getting 15-20 mbits/s which I find strange. Any thing can be done to the boxes? Have people had much luck with wifi dongles on these boxes.. any help would be appreciated many thanks.

There to link the room there in is not an extension. But I do have shed end of my garden which I have a home plug in. Would that affect it?

Meaning electrical extension with surge protection,should not matter of how many in use as they are usually plugged into a double wall socket and other socket no other item plugged in.
Box lan to Home plug-------------------------------Home plug to router.

Have you tried ethernet cables
In my extension, I chopped in cables due to wifi drop out.
Cat 6, 25m £7.00. Runs seamless.

Ethernet in extension? Sorry I don't follow you. I'm not 100% on things like this sorry

Rather than using home plugs, as an alternative, try ethernet lead. I had issues regards RSJ, my signal was useless 3mb
Using ethernet cable i get 70mb+ my router is 17 metres away.

Oh yeah I see what you mean... don't think ethernet be practical for me to run al round the house.. wife would have a melt done with me.haha

I had my home plugs connected to an extension and was getting between 15-20mbps.Read a thread on here saying connect them straight to a socket I bought a longer ethernet cable just so the home plug could reach the socket now im getting between 38-45.

Back