Internet speeds

Hi everyone,

I've just moved house to a pretty rural area and my SIPTV no longer loads. I access on my Samsung smart tv. My internet speeds are between 3 and 4 Mbps, usually it's around 3.5. Do you think these speeds are too slow?

My current provider has a huge VOD selection, not sure if this effects the actual loading. I get the error message "Url Nr.2 timeout".

I only want SIPTV to watch the UFC on weekends, do you think it's a no go with those internet speeds?

Thanks

Are you on WiFi or hardwired as those speeds are really low for iptv ask your provider to re send your playlist to smart iptv app and the playlist could possibly be too big if he has been adding vod content personally I would go with duplex.
SD requires 4-5mbps minimum
HD requires 10-15mbps
Fhd requires around 15-20+mbps
4k content requires 25mbps upwards

I too live in the country and approx 1.5 miles from my broadband street cabinet and get around 7.5 mb download speed. I think you need to talk to your ISP in the first instance. As far as I'm aware 8mb is now nearly a minimum that is offered now. What speed were you promised in your contract with the ISP

If there's a decent 4g signal from any of the mobile phone companies you could use a phone as a hotspot to stream from, or get a 4g router

If there's a decent 4g signal from any of the mobile phone companies you could use a phone as a hotspot to stream from, or get a 4g router
i agree you would probably get better speeds on 4g. You have no chance of running IPTV or VOD with those speeds. you need about 15 meg really.

Are you on WiFi or hardwired as those speeds are really low for iptv ask your provider to re send your playlist to smart iptv app and the playlist could possibly be too big if he has been adding vod content personally I would go with duplex.
SD requires 4-5mbps minimum
HD requires 10-15mbps
Fhd requires around 15-20+mbps
4k content requires 25mbps upwards
4K with 25 meg that might be a struggle. Although netflix claim it is fast enough the average is closer to 40 meg.

If it says url number 2 time out, that means it has multiple m3u files to load. Might be worthwhile deleting all m3u's and re-adding your current one.

Back