IP changed after router rebooted

sn0wman1

Hi. I have been trying out a few different icon packs. Had to reboot my router. Went to use DCC and would not connect. So I did a new scan and found my IP had changed. Is this normal?

The IP address of the box is given out by the router. It is not normal that a router would decide to give out a new ip address purely from a reboot unless the IP address time had expired.

If you always use zgemma in place of the IP address your ftp client should always connect.

Well that's what I thought. When it wouldn't connect I did a scan in DCC and it found the box again. All other numbers where the same except the last ones where it had changed from an 8 to a 2

---------- Post Merged at 06:47 PM ----------

Thinking about it my pc would not connect after router was rebooted either. I had to reboot pc too. And the xboxone has changed too.

---------- Post Merged at 07:25 PM ----------

Not to worry. Just read that an IP can change. It depends on which system connects to the router first after reboot. Only way to stop it is to turn of DHCP and set a dedicated IP for that box. Was just worried my provider might think I was sharing my line or something. Lol. Panic over

Last edited:
It sounds like your router decided to renew all the client ip address.

Yes, the last digit is the one which will change. 192168.1.x is a typical router DHCP table or 192.168.0.x The x can go from 1 to 255 and one of those will be the actual router itself, normally 1.

If the IP addresses change to often to be a pain, a way to stop this, is in the router, set devices to always use the same IP address.

yeah its nothing to worry about.

Your router will have a default address I,e 192.168.0.0 or something like that.

In the router settings it will then have a range of ip address it gives out. i.e 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.100

these ip addresses will have a lease time of 24hours or a week etc. When they expire they get given the next freely available slot.

From what you write, it looks like your internet connection dropped out at the moment so anything that's turned on at the moment gets reallocated again. i.e your computer, games console, phone, sat box etc.

It is much better to set a static ip for your zgemma though. You just need your zgemmas ip address and mac address which can be found in menus...information...network.

Google how to set it up for your particular router.

Last edited:
Back