Ipab help

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello all I installed the ipab image and it did nothing but crash on me. I have reinstalled whooshbuild but before I get the satellite image of whooshbuild I still get ipab image. I have asked on there facebook page but I've been removed for asking on there lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ----------

Is there a way to remove this image now or not?

Is it the image before the box starts counting up? If so, it is the splash bin file in the flash folder.
I didn't think they flashed on Zgemmas any more though? Unless it is just the H2S that can't be flashed.

LMAO - A word of warning, they don't like WooshBuild so don't mention it... oh maybe too late?!

The easiest thing to do and is a pain in the arse, it to flash a nightly build from the Flash online / local menu (Blue button) which will re-flash the ipab logo back to OpenATV. Then flash WooshBuild again.

The other option is you can add a image to BaseBuild and you flash that again?!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tg571ts3ai96zuu/splash.bin?dl=1

That is the OpenATV image which you see as your box boots (or should see) and will need to be put in the sh1 folder in the zgemma folder of BaseBuild.

If you backup your settings before you flash BaseBuild, you will just need to restore your settings to put everything back o how it was and then do a crossEPG scan.

The is alternative ways, but that is the most straight forward even though a little long winded.

Unless it is just the H2S that can't be flashed.

This is what I have found mate yes, for some really odd reason they just stopped flashing the splash.bin - you can do it manually, but not as part of the normal flash process from USB.

yes mate and it needs to be set to noforce. The LCD will display CFE... been a while so something like that and you need to hit the front button.

It won't change anything else on your box but the 0-12 count boot screen

Back