iPhone 6s woes - and unlocking an iPhone 6

Whitwori

hi all

Will keep this short as possible

Wife’s iPhone 6s - updated to 11 and battery life went chronic, last a few hours. Bought one off eBay, wouldn’t even start to charge so put in mine to charge then put into wife’s phone. Phone kicked in and will charge but the battery life is still extremely poor. Lasts a few hours and is hot to touch, any ideas??

Failing that I have an iPhone 6 she can use but it’s locked to o2 and she on EE, do I have to JB to unlock? Finger print sensor also doesn’t work, can this be fixed?

Thanks

Wife’s iPhone 6s - updated to 11 and battery life went chronic, last a few hours. Bought one off eBay, wouldn’t even start to charge so put in mine to charge then put into wife’s phone. Phone kicked in and will charge but the battery life is still extremely poor. Lasts a few hours and is hot to touch, any ideas??

Are you saying you bought a replacement battery for your wife's 6s, charged it in your 6s, then fitted it back into her 6s? Bit confused. Also, If you've had a screen replacement at any point and the original home button wasn't transferred to the new display, then you won't be able to use the fingerprint ID as the home button is linked to the motherboard for security reasons.

Are you saying you bought a replacement battery for your wife's 6s, charged it in your 6, then fitted it back into her 6s? Bit confused.

I put the battery in my 6s as it wouldn’t put a single bit of charge in wife’s 6s, when I put back in wife’s it turned on and charged but still does not last very long so some other issue I don’t know?

The 6 is a spare we can swap to but won’t take her sim

Back