IPTV and VPN

nedlaw

I have two Iptv providers and both have been temperamental since the football season started, trouble logging in, buffering when matches are on etc. they have inbuilt Vpn's but don't seem to help, constant issues signing in on XC706/Smarters and STB Emu app,
Ive been told that a Vpn is required now as S*y etc are blocking when games on, Is this now the norm with all providers?

When the footy is on my XC and Smarters will not get past the login page, says 'Failed to login'
it has a VPN button below login details which has 6 preloaded countries but even starting that up
still fails to login to App.
I have bought IPVanish and now start that before opening TV app and that works but slows my BB speed
down from a max 37mbps to around 20mbps.
My device is a 2017 Nvidia Shield but i think my issue is that I'm with Sky BB. My contract finished with them this week and have BT as from Monday so hopefully it gets better.

I think the VPN you bought will help 20mb will be ok as long as your network is not getting hammered with other devices, you always loose speed with VPN.

I dont think the inbuilt VPN's are of much use.

My advice to try help with your issuse is purchase a proper VPN or a trial of one and see where you go from there.

I dont think the inbuilt VPN's are of much use.
I have IPVanish as a dedicated separate app, is that not a good one.

i use ipvanish at times and have no problem with it and as ferret says 20mb is ok as long as your not getting hammerd with other devices

What some people don't realise is YES a VPN will help but if you only have (lets say 36mb) a VPN in some/most cases will hammer that, and reduce your 36mb to next to nothing, further compounding issues.

I have lately had issues with Nord, with a pop up asking me to sign into the server that I connected to????? what is all that about? I do however rate Nord, it has been solid the past two or three years

I have lately had issues with Nord, with a pop up asking me to sign into the server that I connected to????? what is all that about? I do however rate Nord, it has been solid the past two or three years

Ye I have had that issue a few times no idea why it happens. Really odd.

Back