IPTV Buffers on Wifi/Wired (Connected to a VPN) Yet plays fine on 4G (Mobile Data) (Connected to the same VPN) Any ideas?

Exactly Express VPN and virgin are not working nicely together. You may have to change the VPN. I have a spare space on my VPN account you can try in the morning. Try that. Just pm me I will let you try it for a hour.

mate, this is my Issue I have tried Express,Nord,IP Vanish, Cyberghost and Surfshark.

None prevent buffering when connected to Virgin. If I connect to any other Network apart from Virgin it works. I’m here at work now (Vodafone) with VPN turned on and I’ve been Buffering free since 8am lol!

Last edited:
mate, this is my Issue I have tried Express,Nord,PIA,IP Vanish, Cyberghost and Surfshark.

None prevent buffering when connected to Virgin. If I connect to any other Network apart from Virgin it works. I’m here at work now (Vodafone) with VPN turned on and I’ve been Buffering free since 8am lol!
Get some work done!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Virgin will start to throttle especially at peak times turn ip flooding off to start is there a way you can run a speed test with vpn off then on using the device to view iptv.

Thanks Baz. I’ve done multiple Speedtests as you can see in the video. On WiFi speeds range when connected to a VPN from 80-150mbps on wired about 250mbps. He’s on 350mbps.

Like I said it’s not a speed/vpn issue as all VPNs are working aslong as I’m not connected to Virgin lol!

This runs deeper lol

My theory on the matter is if VM have monitored heavy bandwith / traffic on a specific account it flags up on their systems and put on a monitor for traffic management ie Throttling etc.
If at all possible try and connect to another VM account and see if it does the exact same thing :unsure::ROFLMAO:

My theory on the matter is if VM have monitored heavy bandwith / traffic on a specific account it flags up on their systems and put on a monitor for traffic management ie Throttling etc.
If at all possible try and connect to another VM account and see if it does the exact same thing :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Your probably right lol.

A VPN would bypass all of that. I am with virgin and we have stuff running all day that requires more bandwidth than IPTV.

Yeah its one them things where ya dont know what to do next scenario's ffs lol could it be an intermittent fault with the vm modem or something :unsure:

When I was with plusnet I used a speedtest that took three consecutive tests and there were massive fluctuations in speed - yet when I ran a single speed test it gave me the higher of the readings which on the face of it was more than enough speed. I reckon VM are definitely throttling your dad's speed. Give them a ring and tell them he watches Netflix/legit Now TV or something and see what they say.

When I was with plusnet I used a speedtest that took three consecutive tests and there were massive fluctuations in speed - yet when I ran a single speed test it gave me the higher of the readings which on the face of it was more than enough speed. I reckon VM are definitely throttling your dad's speed. Give them a ring and tell them he watches Netflix/legit Now TV or something and see what they say.

What's crazy is he has access to a Plex server that has 20+GB Remux files and he streams all day long lol! He uses Netflix aswell as Youtube and doesn't have issues. I see where your coming from though. It's like Virgin is throttling high traffic that they can't see. I.E Behind the VPN. They know the traffics there but can't see what it's being used for. So I do believe they're throttling!

Simple solution do a speed test when a VPN is connected. When using a fibre network like virgin make sure you use a test for fibre networks otherwise you will get some strange results

Simple solution do a speed test when a VPN is connected. When using a fibre network like virgin make sure you use a test for fibre networks otherwise you will get some strange results

I have mate. I get 80-150mbps on Wifi and 250mbps+ on Wires. Thats when connected to VPN. When I'm not connected I get 380MBPS.

Yeah seems like you tried most things already that would be the usual suspects etc.
Have you tried a trial from a provider that dont require a Vpn to run ??.
Would definatly ring up vm and tell them your having issues streaming legit services etc just as a stab in the dark.
And see if you can run the sub on a different vm connection to really throw the cat in with the pidgeons to see how it performs. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Yeah seems like you tried most things already that would be the usual suspects etc.
Have you tried a trial from a provider that dont require a Vpn to run ??.
Would definatly ring up vm and tell them your having issues streaming legit services etc just as a stab in the dark.
And see if you can run the sub on a different vm connection to really throw the cat in with the pidgeons to see how it performs. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I've tried my own Sub and it works fine over the VPN on VM. I could try my Dads sub at another household with VM and like you say throw the cat amongst the pigeons lol! Stuck in limbo here. Clueless lol

Had a dig round on net and seems majority of people favour PIA vpn with better success on VM etc.
Hopefully you get to the route cause of the issue and maybe help others out that may suffer with the same problem :unsure::X3::ROFLMAO:

Had a dig round on net and seems majority of people favour PIA vpn with better success on VM etc.
Hopefully you get to the route cause of the issue and maybe help others out that may suffer with the same problem :unsure::X3::ROFLMAO:
I have gave him a trial on a spare pia account I have. Hopefully his dad can watch the cricket. As I said in a earlier post Nord days me up on VM

Back