IPTV does it require VPN?

Yes I have the same set up, SIPTV app on 1st tv and Mag Box on 2nd tv and VPN router is the only option if you want to go down the vpn route. As a short term fix have you considered using your laptop with kodi or vlc. You could hard wire to tv or even use it as a wi fi hot spot (most lap tops are compatable) and have the vpn installed. Once the match is over revert back to normal. I was just thinking until the whole vpn issue is finalised do i?, dont I? spend £150 - £200 when in a months time the suppliers may have the issue sorted.

You could use a bridge router. Again a bit new and lacking. The way I would go is turn off in my case Sk* wifi. Use SK* as a Modem only, set bridge LAN to Wan and configure the firewalls, a VPN would then be accessed through the bridge. Or I would use a 'patched' router to fool the main server. Some will not take a VPN unless you do these things. Not at all sure and paying £150 for a high speed router just to try is no on yet. More info is needed. I am sure there are folk who understand this sort of stuff fully. A VPN eats into your bandwidth so expect a lower turnover. A router with a decent processor is needed. I read that a certain very well know VPN, usually no1 in reviews is offering Patched routers with their VPN on board.

All this talk of modem mode and bridging routers confuses the life outta me, makes me afraid to start messing with settings incase there's no way back :)
Others threads I see on here, lots of people avoid VM, is this vpn/router part of the reason or is there more to it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can use Smart IPTV with MAG256..that way your in control of your own streams..
Doesn`t look as nice though..it comes through in the same format as Smart TV..you
can sort epg out as well.
They won`t allow Emulators.

Back