IPTV EPG Problems

Hi,

I've had a lot of trouble with EPG on IPTV and my provider isn't sure of the issues, so worth asking here for any troubleshooting ideas.
  • Hardware - VU+ Uno 4K
  • Software - OpenVix / Wooshbuild (Same issues on both)
  • Bouquet creation - JediMaker
  • Using provider EPG - Yes
  • EPG tool - EPG importer (provider's EPG selected only)
  • EPG file location - USB (mounted as /media/usb1)
Strangely, if I fully reset my image, set up and then use EPG importer, it loads all events correctly in EPG Importer. Then after a week or so, I notice the EPG no longer gets populated. I've just checked and only around 2000 events are imported now, which is way too low.

Troubleshooting steps tried:
  • Re-initialising the USB and trying a different USB
  • Deleting all bouquets from Jedimaker and then re-downloading bouquets
  • Full delete and reinstall of Jedimaker

Any ideas on what it could be?

I agree with @goldenvision stay away from the builds and set stuff up yourself using the raw image, this way you will learn how to deal with most issues.

What version jedi are you using?
Jedi 5.32

Is it set to download daily?
Usually 7-8am but you can make it any time you like
Yes, set up to download daily. It's running still, but the number of events it finds each day goes down. First time it runs it finds 80k+ events, then that steadily decreases and now at the point where I've noticed that the EPG isn't working it's only finding 2000 events.

I agree with @goldenvision stay away from the builds and set stuff up yourself using the raw image, this way you will learn how to deal with most issues.
Agreed, I normally do this, but the provider recommended trying Woosh, so was giving that a try. I'm comfortable with setting up on raw images and have previously used OpenVix and OpenATV.

Sometimes if it doesn't pull in correctly the EPG gets corrupted so you need to do a rebuild of it. If you use the Jedi plugin it has the option in there

Back