IPTV - Formuler Z7 + is it better than the other Android Boxes

Taylerlee

I have read a number of threads but I am still unclear on the benefits of buying a Formuler Z7 for about £90 as opposed to say a H96 Pro + Amlogic 3gb ram 32gb rom for approx £60. Now I already have a H96 or did have (my daughter borrowed it and wont return it!) so I know how good they are. I also know the limitations of app for iptv i.e. stb emu/ perfect player. I particularly want android in case at some future date I require a vpn. I also want other apps. Incidentally I have a mag 256 as well. So if the Formuler is a better box than the other androids, in what respect? I just want to know the pros and cons so I can make an informed decision, then make a purchase of one or the other.

I don’t have a forumler so I’m more than happy to be told otherwise on any of this.

From what I can tell the hardware itself is similar to a s905x box – which you can pick up for around £30. (Although the remote looks like it would be a lot better than what comes as standard with a cheap box).

The software is exclusive to the forumler box, it’s designed for IPTV, and receives regular updates. It’s called MYTVOnline. You can see some videos of this online but I’ve never used it so I can’t really comment. I think it also limits you to exactly what android apps can be installed.

The main android options are:

£30-£40 - S905X/H96 – basically runs a version of Android that you would use on a tablet. Takes a bit more configuring but will work relatively well.

£45-£55 – Mi TV Box – runs official Android TV. Easy to set up.

£90-£95 - Forumler Z+ - runs customised firmware/launcher that is designed for IPTV.

£180-£190 – Nvidia Shield – runs official Android TV. Most powerful option – worth considering if you’re interested in gaming.

Last edited:
Forumler Z7+ is simlar to mag256 for portals the app MYTVOnline it could have a better user interface but its ok
it has android 7.0 ive installed most apps i need with no problems

Z7+ paying for the mytvonline app, by far and away best interface I have used for IPTV. Ignore early negative reviews, most of the bugs have been ironed out. Every android app I’ve wanted to install works fine. VOD interface on the app isn’t great, probably the biggest criticism.

Formuler z7+ box is nice and easy from the off to use the mytv online built in app is pretty straight forward very responsive all round, no problems with any apps. But the firmware is not dedicated Android TV, but that has not proved a issue so far using other iptv or catchup based apps. Kodi did need some tweaking using the keymap editor from the official repository not so much for playback but for folder navigation as the menu and info buttons do nothing.

I don’t have a forumler so I’m more than happy to be told otherwise on any of this.

From what I can tell the hardware itself is similar to a s905x box – which you can pick up for around £30. (Although the remote looks like it would be a lot better than what comes as standard with a cheap box).

The software is exclusive to the forumler box, it’s designed for IPTV, and receives regular updates. It’s called XXX. You can see some videos of this online but I’ve never used it so I can’t really comment. I think it also limits you to exactly what android apps can be installed.

The main android options are:

£30-£40 - S905X/XXX – basically runs a version of Android that you would use on a tablet. Takes a bit more configuring but will work relatively well.

£45-£55 – Mi TV Box – runs official Android TV. Easy to set up.

£90-£95 - Forumler Z+ - runs customised firmware/launcher that is designed for IPTV.

£180-£190 – Nvidia Shield – runs official Android TV. Most powerful option – worth considering if you’re interested in gaming.
I think your comment re the spec of the Formuler box is what my research was telling me, its not as powerful as a mid range android such as a H96 with amlogic chip and 3gb ram. I suspect a large proportion of the cost is down to their software. However thats why i asked the question as I, like you, have not used one, but people on the forum seem to rave about them. From the contributions so far, it seems people are fairly happy if not very pleased with their selection of a Formuler. However on balance, as I have no desire to record and the epg is ok but not fantastic (from screen shots), the box internal workings appear no better than a mid range android box, not to mention its about £30 more than I need to pay, I will pass on a Formuler at this time. I am still sure Formuler are a good product but at this time not quite what I need.

Mag 322 has 512MB ram but runs IPTV perfectly, its all horses for courses.
Yes. totally agree, I have a 256 and its perfect, however I was enquiring about the Formuler's ability to handle IPTV + apps. I was trying to work out if the Formuler was worth the extra money, and if it is why? build quality?, software?, recording? I may be wrong but I feel the extra cost is for the dedicated software and recording ability. Its obviously a good box as so many people promote it, but its personal choice, requirements and budget at the end of the day.

Myiptv app on the z7+ with a decent provider is excellent.. i have used the z7+ since March. Fast loading. Little maintenance. Not forgetting accessing Android @ click of a button.
Lots of info on TK regards z7 both positive & negative..

Last edited:
On Zgemma's I find using factory Open Atv or Wooshman's Infinity build and the suls plugin runs very well. I comment that mostly it is down to your provider but this is not always the case as you have proved but I have seen many people upgrade their box to find the service is still the same.

Likewise the zgemma was a great box for the CS never missed a beat and I know a lot of people using the same service as myself on various zgemma models with the same isp and they have no issues. I think half the problems on here people do not try and find the common denominator first and as you say buy a new box to find out the problem still exists.
On Zgemma's I find using factory Open Atv or Wooshman's Infinity build and the suls plugin runs very well. I comment that mostly it is down to your provider but this is not always the case as you have proved but I have seen many people upgrade their box to find the service is still the same.

Last edited:
Back