IPTV in Kodi on Nvidia Shield instead of dedicated app

Churada

I bought an Nvidia Shield Pro and was thinking of integrating IPTV within Kodi rather than as a standalone app such as TiviMate..
My thinking being that because Kodi (pretty much uniquely in Android I think) will auto adjust framerate to the source giving smoother playback.
That said, if IPTV providers relay UK channels at a different refresh rate than source that's all moot.
Has anyone more knowledgeable on this any thoughts or comments, worth a shot or not?

Whilst there are still lots using Kodi it tends to be those who want a decent experience on windows or are very anti android.

As you have already committed to the bees knees android device why then look away.

I bought an Nvidia Shield Pro and was thinking of integrating IPTV within Kodi rather than as a standalone app such as TiviMate..
My thinking being that because Kodi (pretty much uniquely in Android I think) will auto adjust framerate to the source giving smoother playback.
That said, if IPTV providers relay UK channels at a different refresh rate than source that's all moot.
Has anyone more knowledgeable on this any thoughts or comments, worth a shot or not?
Problem is , most iptv has a ridiculous amount of channels . I used to use Kodi for my iitv when I had a sports only list , with a modded pvr user interface you could very close the kind of sly look you have with enigma. But pvr simple client in Kodi cannot handle the large channel lists , keeps freezing , taking too long to load etc , completely unusable unless you wanted to mess about shortening the list before entering it in kodi. On top of that , you can’t use extreme to add a list in kodi and almost all providers won’t give out m3u files anymore so again kodi isn’t usable.

Last edited:
Thanks to you both , sounds like its not a runner so, saves me faffing about a bit this weekend :)
I'll stick to using Kodi for watching stuff off my NAS instead. Nice to have it all in the one box, very impressed so far with the Shield.

Back